Eating in a stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know any good stadiums in durham to eat in
Aye the Emirates ICG but it costs a f***ing fortune.

At Yankee stadium I could choose from Coors, Coors Light, Bud, Bud Light, Miller, Miller Light or Michelob. f***ing shite.
Is there f***ing Shite Lite as well

The steak sandwich provided by an Outback stall on wheels at Tropicana Field in Tampa was declared by my wife as "the best and most tender piece of steak she has ever had inside her".............................................................................................
Fuck off man just nearly choked on my coffee.

Last edited by a moderator:

Had a bratwurst (€3) and several weissbiers (€3.20) at Nurnburg in the stands. Like a different world - wouldn't think of having a piss weak Carling and rat burger at SJP.

Best stadium food I've had was in Mendoza though, the blokes running the stand has a proper BBQ going on dishing out sausage or steak sarnies for a couple of quid.

Pies in the smaller Scottish grounds such as East Fife, Dumbarton & Clyde are the best. Home made & about £1.20

Believe it or not I had a pie in a bread roll at Alloa today. Its not the sort of thing I normally eat to be fair, but when I saw it on offer I thought it would be rude not to just for the experience. Got a photo but don't know how to post it up.

It was average at best (but better than the game) and was priced at £1.70 washed down with a £1.50 bovril which was very nice. The lass cocked up the change when I gave her a fiver and gave me £3.20 back when that was actually the price rather than the change. Felt a bit guilty because I just took it:oops:

Apparently from my mate's nephew who works in the bars at sol, the beer and food containers get pissed on by rats etc during the week. Will just be an old wives tail imo

Food at football is strange no idea why people do it!?

It is weird

Most people eat meals say between 12-2 and 5-7 I would have thought yet on a match day feel the need to pay over the odds for a poor pie / burger / slice of pizza

Drinks and a bag of nuts is about all that is needed

Queen of the South do cracking Forfar birdies, for £1.20, and my lad said their Balti pies for the same price were canny too.

Ross County do a mean Scotch Pie for £1.70, and were voted best football ground pies in Britian a while ago. The mutton pies at Hibs were tremendous, too, but not sure if they still do them.

Queen of the South do cracking Forfar birdies, for £1.20, and my lad said their Balti pies for the same price were canny too.

Ross County do a mean Scotch Pie for £1.70, and were voted best football ground pies in Britian a while ago. The mutton pies at Hibs were tremendous, too, but not sure if they still do them.

Ironically, I think you will find the Forfar birdies at, oddly enough, Forfar Athletic, are better than the ones at Queen of the South. I have tried both.

Best pie by far I have had in Scotland was at Arbroath. Proper quality bits of chunky lean beef in those. We were in the bar after the game and they brought some through from hospitality about an hour after the match finished and we filled our boots:oops:

The Kilmarnock pie is also highly rated but in my opinion was not up to the standard at Arbroath and its fame seemed to proceed it making it way overpriced. They have posters all over the ground with the slogan 'Say Aye to a Killie Pie' after it was voted best football pie in Britain, so much so that they have a standard pie and a more expensive 'Killie Pie'.

the krauts do cracking beer and sausage there iirc mate

Had a barbequed bratwurst sausage with sauerkraut and mustard at Viktoria Zizkov in Prague earlier this year. That is football food to die for and it was cheap as chips. Actually it was cheaper than chips at any football ground or gig anywhere in Western Europe I have been. The pints of Pilsner Urquell at 80p served at your seat were not bad either. The price of football there makes the Northern League look expensive.

Last edited:
Remember that Pie and a Pint deal they had a few years back.

Darren Bent was on the poster and the pie looked f***ing lush and then me and my dad went early to the ground one week especially to sample it and it was about the size of a thimble.

Clever photography. Bastards.

Remember the first matches at the SOL. Chicken Deluxe Burger, lush cripsy chicken fillet, sesame seed bun, crisp lettuce, slices of fresh tomato and some mayo all packaged nicely. After about 5 games it was normal dry buns, smaller cripsy chicken slapped in it, no salad, no sauces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back