Eating in a stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not very nice is it, pricey pie, shite beer.....where does the best grub in the Premier League?

Has anybody sampled football abroad, or even caught an American football game over in USA and seen how they do it? Mate has been to Dallas Cowboys game (ooh look at me mate) and said they had a bar with 10 types of beer and 3 course menu....we are missing a trick at the SOL.
I recall being given (free, gratis, no charge etc.) fried shrimp in tempura batter outside the stadium at Jacksonville in 2011 though they were more like king prawns! - most impressive given the high cost of any scran over here, let alone seafood. Inside we settle for the usual cheeseburger, fries and coke for something like 9 dollars which was higher than outside but a lot cheaper for what the equivalent would be in a UK ground. A bottle of Bud although icy cold was a fiver though - and that a small bottle but quite often a pint is more expensive over there unless you frequent the likes of Miller Ale House which is cheaper than home.

Not very nice is it, pricey pie, shite beer.....where does the best grub in the Premier League?

Has anybody sampled football abroad, or even caught an American football game over in USA and seen how they do it? Mate has been to Dallas Cowboys game (ooh look at me mate) and said they had a bar with 10 types of beer and 3 course menu....we are missing a trick at the SOL.
I got for the football not the bloody food ffs

The PPL Stadium for the Philadelphia Union (MLS), has a beer menu for each section....must be close to 25 different beers sold throughout the stadium....was at a Philadelphia Flyer (NHL) recently and had a steak dinner in between periods with a nice glass of wine!! Sounds like the stadiums in England are definitely missing a trick when it comes to concessions.
how did you find the time to do that ? i wouldn't buy anything at the rink, the lines were too long & i would miss the start of the next period & that was just for a cuppa :lol:

I got for the football not the bloody food ffs

Think most people do mate,however it is a multi-millionaire industry,and the clubs are asking people to pay a lot of money to watch their teams,given that and the millions they are making from tv deals etc.

Is it too much to ask clubs to put decent grub on at decent price I think not.

It is called looking after your customers

Having just got back from the Lucas Oil Stadium, I can safely say there is a hell of a lot the stadiums over here can learn from the US ones.

Eating and drinking on the SOL concourse, is like standing in a poorly lit back-lane.

This^ at times it's like a kids tea party with people more interested at the fare than the footy. No wonder the stadium looks like a rubbish dump at times

The stadium looks like a rubbish dump because people insist on bringing in carrier bags etc and then not dispose of them properly. f***ing scratters

Last edited by a moderator:
Having just got back from the Lucas Oil Stadium, I can safely say there is a hell of a lot the stadiums over here can learn from the US ones.

Eating and drinking on the SOL concourse, is like standing in a poorly lit back-lane.

The stadium looks like a rubbish dump because people insist on bringing in carrier bags etc and then not dispose of them properly. f***ing scratters
Yep ! Near me we have coffee flask, cake and chocolates passed around while the game is on. Some more interested trying to balance a picnic

they wouldn't if they did out the concourses and had good options.....there is a reason people leave early, its to get to a pub and get served...if they didn't have to rush off and go downstairs they would more likely stay.

They wouldn't like...........its far too close to the city centre and a multitude of much better and cheaper options........you wont get sufficient quantities of folk to stay in a cold stadium after a match when they have this on offer........

And at Cambridge?
When I was typing that I was uncertain but couldn't be arsed to check..........just remember walking through a field to get to our end..........

Yet the Chilli Cheese Dog I had at a Toronto Blue Jays game is quite possibly the finest thing i've ever had at a sporting venue.
(several pints in the sun may have aided my judgement, like...)
The steak sandwich provided by an Outback stall on wheels at Tropicana Field in Tampa was declared by my wife as "the best and most tender piece of steak she has ever had inside her".............................................................................................

The steak sandwich provided by an Outback stall on wheels at Tropicana Field in Tampa was declared by my wife as "the best and most tender piece of steak she has ever had inside her".............................................................................................

What can one say?

:lol:

how did you find the time to do that ? i wouldn't buy anything at the rink, the lines were too long & i would miss the start of the next period & that was just for a cuppa :lol:

In the Cadillac Club...make reservations during first period and the sit down at a nice table at intermission and have your meal... Filet Mignon and a glass of red!! Mint :D

In the UK that means driving too close to the car in front.

Yeah here too...but we have a more gooder second meaning ;)

In the Cadillac Club...make reservations during first period and the sit down at a nice table at intermission and have your meal... Filet Mignon and a glass of red!! Mint :D
fine, how would you have the time to "savor" a beef dinner meal in between periods , its 15 mins man :lol:, i don't doubt you thought , the usa are miles ahead of us at venues, car park bbq`s look canny ;)

Kosher hot dogs at San Francisco Giants' stadium.

Corn dogs and squid balls at Thespa Kusatsu in Japan.

fine, how would you have the time to "savor" a beef dinner meal in between periods , its 15 mins man :lol:, i don't doubt you thought , the usa are miles ahead of us at venues, car park bbq`s look canny ;)

True, you don't finish your meal for the start of the second period... but the tables have view to the rink so no action is missed ;) ...and the food is spectacular! If you're ever in Philadelphia, go to a Flyers game and make a reservation at the Cadillac Club, younwont regret it ;)

True, you don't finish your meal for the start of the second period... but the tables have view to the rink so no action is missed ;) ...and the food is spectacular! If you're ever in Philadelphia, go to a Flyers game and make a reservation at the Cadillac Club, younwont regret it ;)
my aunty lives in canada, been there twice when i was at sea, she keeps asking if me & my lass want to go over , cant be arsed tbh :lol: ,love too see a "proper " ice hockey game tbh , might visit ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back