FIFA officials arrested by Swiss cops..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine its much like taking down the Mafia for the Police, you need to get someone to turn informer and then the whole thing falls apart. That or get Seb for Tax evasion.

I reckon he's a million miles away from being out of the woods.

By the time all the documents, witness testimonies and God knows what else have been thoroughly examined, I'll be very surprised if they can't nail his hide.

Ten years for Blatter in one of Uncle SAMs corrective establishments with a bunch of big ugly hairy gorillas after a piece of his big fat arse, would be the icing on the cake for me.

:lol:

Why would anyone want anything to do with Blatter's arse?

I imagine its much like taking down the Mafia for the Police, you need to get someone to turn informer and then the whole thing falls apart. That or get Seb for Tax evasion.
"This can of worms only opens from the inside".......

FBI taking an interest was the best thing to happen..an ambitious prosecutor who wants to nail a high profile case

these are old blokes.. its going to be a race to see who gets a plea bargain in first..they will all roll over on each other to avoid jail time

Is blatter going to women's World Cup in Canada? Brilliant question

More like that Iraqi bloke a few years ago

Only if they wear hot pants as he personally recommended a few years back.

Bloody perv in more ways than one.

FBI taking an interest was the best thing to happen..an ambitious prosecutor who wants to nail a high profile case

these are old blokes.. its going to be a race to see who gets a plea bargain in first..they will all roll over on each other to avoid jail time
6 of them already pleaded guilty. The threat of San Quentin has obviously had the desired effect. :lol:

I very much doubt it. I reckon he's been ducking going to North America and perhaps not thinking the Swiss authorities would be so accommodating to a request from USA to arrest certain individuals.
It wouldn't surprise me if the individuals arrested grass him up as part of a plea bargaining process
Pleb Zatter has not been to North america, according to SKy , for over four years.

If this is all upheld in court would the loosing countries then be able to demand a revote or the chance to sue fifa?

Think greg dyke will be laughing all morning long

Russia as a nation have far too much political influence to lose such a big event

The 2022 World Cup vote will probably be recast involving the countries that bid for it before (minus Qatar) meaning the U.S will most likely get it

It wouldn't surprise me if the individuals arrested grass him up as part of a plea bargaining process

Just the ticket.

Considering how much bargaining these scumbags have already done, they'll be very happy to sing their hearts out to save their hides.

It reminds me a little of how Lance Armstrong was eventually brought down.

Everyone kept to the code of silence until the FBI got involved. Then numerous cyclists said they were no longer prepared to lie when interviewed by someone 'with a badge and a gun' as it was completely different to being interviewed by doping authorities or journslists.

That said, these FIFA officials are not the same as the relatively young, and mostly American cyclists who all coughed up as soon as the law got involved.

They are very experienced, usually come from positions of power and privilege in their home countries, and likely to have very good lawyers. I don't think they'll be nearly as intimidated by the FBI as a bunch of recently retired American cycling domestiques.

They might still be motivated to cut a deal though.

Did I read one of them is a Russian minister? Could he really be extradited to the US? That could mean one he'll of a fallout. .

Just come across this Arsenal blog and the writer (Tony Attwood) was pointing out in January that a change in Swiss law would enable the Swiss authorities to investigate bank accounts held by sports governing bodies and their leaders. He suggests that FIFA would respond to this by taking their voting meetings 'on the road' to places where no such law exists. They didn't!

http://untold-arsenal.com/archives/40409

This is the crucial part of his piece. Spot on as well.

'Switzerland is now able to look at “any strange movement” in bank accounts and financial assets held in Switzerland. Since developments over the bidding for the Russia and Qatar world cups contained nothing both strange movement of money, we can expect some activity – if the Swiss carry out what the law is designed to do.

And it seems that the Swiss nation has not stopped there. It is soon to launch a new law that will make corruption in sport a criminal offence.

“This will be the really tough one which normally applied to officials of parliament or companies,” said Roland Büchel last December. “It is already in committee, and will be in both chambers of parliament next year.” So 2015 could be quite a fun time as these laws should cover corrupt acts abroad by non-Swiss residents if linked to a sports election being held in Switzerland.

So what this means, according to Mr Büchel is that a future bribery and corruption case in the Caribbean linked to a Fifa presidential vote in Zurich could be prosecuted in Switzerland.'

Here is his take on his previous blog entry.
http://untold-arsenal.com/archives/43591

A very shrewd assessment.

I reckon he's a million miles away from being out of the woods.

By the time all the documents, witness testimonies and God knows what else have been thoroughly examined, I'll be very surprised if they can't nail his hide.

Ten years for Blatter in one of Uncle SAMs corrective establishments with a bunch of big ugly hairy gorillas after a piece of his big fat arse, would be the icing on the cake for me.

:lol:

He needs to start buying some "soap on a rope" cos he won't fancy bending down to pick it up when Bubba's behind him

It reminds me a little of how Lance Armstrong was eventually brought down.

Everyone kept to the code of silence until the FBI got involved. Then numerous cyclists said they were no longer prepared to lie when interviewed by someone 'with a badge and a gun' as it was completely different to being interviewed by doping authorities or journslists.

That said, these FIFA officials are not the same as the relatively young, and mostly American cyclists who all coughed up as soon as the law got involved.

They are very experienced, usually come from positions of power and privilege in their home countries, and likely to have very good lawyers. I don't think they'll be nearly as intimidated by the FBI as a bunch of recently retired American cycling domestiques.

They might still be motivated to cut a deal though.

Did I read one of them is a Russian minister? Could he really be extradited to the US? That could mean one he'll of a fallout. .

And of course the tide only turned against Armstrong once sponsors started to desert him

Just come across this Arsenal blog and the writer (Tony Attwood) was pointing out in January that a change in Swiss law would enable the Swiss authorities to investigate bank accounts held by sports governing bodies and their leaders. He suggests that FIFA would respond to this by taking their voting meetings 'on the road' to places where no such law exists. They didn't!

http://untold-arsenal.com/archives/40409

This is the crucial part of his piece. Spot on as well.

'Switzerland is now able to look at “any strange movement” in bank accounts and financial assets held in Switzerland. Since developments over the bidding for the Russia and Qatar world cups contained nothing both strange movement of money, we can expect some activity – if the Swiss carry out what the law is designed to do.

And it seems that the Swiss nation has not stopped there. It is soon to launch a new law that will make corruption in sport a criminal offence.

“This will be the really tough one which normally applied to officials of parliament or companies,” said Roland Büchel last December. “It is already in committee, and will be in both chambers of parliament next year.” So 2015 could be quite a fun time as these laws should cover corrupt acts abroad by non-Swiss residents if linked to a sports election being held in Switzerland.

So what this means, according to Mr Büchel is that a future bribery and corruption case in the Caribbean linked to a Fifa presidential vote in Zurich could be prosecuted in Switzerland.'

Here is his take on his previous blog entry.
http://untold-arsenal.com/archives/43591

Good reads

And of course the tide only turned against Armstrong once sponsors started to desert him

Good reads

Aye, and ultimately its only the sponsors that will either bring down or reform FIFA.

I would like to see a group of leading FAs, who depend more on their own commercial revenues than they do on kickbacks and cosy relationships with FIFA, to threaten to walkaway.

England would seem to obvious candidates to lead this but everyone seems to hate us and no one would have the guts anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back