FIFA officials arrested by Swiss cops..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extradited on money laundering charges.

Serious stuff, make no mistake.

Blatter won't be charged. Maybe down the track. It's like the mafia, you need to flip a few lieutenants and get them testify against the boss.

They might have found the end of the string though that sets the ball unravelling.

Trust me I would love to be wrong but the Mail does say Blatter was not among those believed to have been arrested. Jack Warner though - I think that the Yanks arrested his son a couple of years ago in the States on related charges. They have apperently been keen to get their hands on Jack who it was said was reluctant to step outside Trinidad owing to their interest in him. Blatter was forced to "out" Jack several years ago when he became a liability . May be he didn't get the message and as a result of hanging around FIFA has become a convenient fall guy - not without some justification.

If past form is anything to go by I bet the FIFA officials who have been arrested are people that we have never even heard of and that the star witness for the prosecution is old Sepp himself. The poor man will be heartbroken to find such things were going on. Remember to "Vote for Blatter" unless you would like a trip to the States yourself.

Sounds like one is a FIFA Vice President. Presumably the Yanks have been able to act as they suspect money laundering etc through US channels?

Let's hope this is the beginning of the end for FIFA in its current format.

Extradited on money laundering charges.

Serious stuff, make no mistake.

Blatter won't be charged. Maybe down the track. It's like the mafia, you need to flip a few lieutenants and get them testify against the boss.

They might have found the end of the string though that sets the ball unravelling.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for Blatter. When he's either gone or dead and everything becomes transparent again, the amount of stuff that comes out will make a great book...

What do you mean anything else?

They didn't get anything. Fifa stole the sponsorship money and the ticket money

It was never a secret where the money from tickets and sponsorships go. These countries still bid to host the tournament, and won them. Why would they get more than what they bid for?

London didn't get more than what it bid for when it hosted the Olympics, at huge costs to the British taxpayer. That's how hosting major tournaments works. When you bid for it, you give a breakdown of how you are going to pay for it.

Statement

Agreed. Russias the biggest country in the world and its nivver hosted a WC. Outfuckinrageous.
My problem with them is wtf are they doing in "Europe"? To me Europe stops and Asia starts at the Russian border and Greece/Turkey border.
Unfortunately Europe starts at the Volga, and Constantinople is in europe

Trust me I would love to be wrong but the Mail does say Blatter was not among those believed to have been arrested. Jack Warner though - I think that the Yanks arrested his son a couple of years ago in the States on related charges. They have apperently been keen to get their hands on Jack who it was said was reluctant to step outside Trinidad owing to their interest in him. Blatter was forced to "out" Jack several years ago when he became a liability . May be he didn't get the message and as a result of hanging around FIFA has become a convenient fall guy - not without some justification.

Yeah maybe but its a start, Blatter and the organisation is in trouble if their vice president is getting arrested surely?

It was never a secret where the money from tickets and sponsorships go. These countries still bid to host the tournament, and won them. Why would they get more than what they bid for?

London didn't get more than what it bid for when it hosted the Olympics, at huge costs to the British taxpayer. That's how hosting major tournaments works. When you bid for it, you give a breakdown of how you are going to pay for it.

Just because it isn't a secret doesn't mean it's right.

Well, they can fuck around depending on the target like any other country. But ultimately this is a great target for yank authorities... they get to "play on the world stage" and there's no political considerations, because ultimately nobody in the States gives a fuck about soccer.

So we may get some nice results here.

Money laundering ay... well these guys can start telling stories about FIFA, or spend a very long time in a cell. Let them decide.

Blatter ain't charged... he's very, very uncomfortable right now though.

The man is like the "Godfather" others will take the wrap. Teflon Sepp will remain in charge until the day he dies unless the European football associations who foot the bill have the courage to pull the plug. Which they don't

This whole thing feels like a movie, where you're led down this path of believing he's about to be arrested only the cop walks over and picks up a briefcase next to him instead.

The worst part is, whatever happens, you know they've got the next 'generation' waiting in the wings. I know corruption is everywhere but at least most like to make it less obvious.

Sounds like one is a FIFA Vice President. Presumably the Yanks have been able to act as they suspect money laundering etc through US channels?

Let's hope this is the beginning of the end for FIFA in its current format.

Yes,the US can prosecute foreign nationals if they've broken US money laundering laws. The big surprise for me is that,apart from it's taken so long, one of the European countries closer to FIFA haven't taken action. Still,however it happens,let's hope the corrupt bastards they've nabbed sing like canaries in order to save their own skin and sink Blatter once and for all. Once the truth about FIFA starts to come out, a lot of heads are going to roll.

Warner was the camera hogging arsehole that conned Beckham by telling him he had his vote in exchange for soccer schools in T&T. I always remember him just looking dodgy in that cap. Like Tony Pulis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back