Films with bad endings.

Whey

Midfield
To contrast the other thread about films with great opening scenes...

Signs. It's discovered the aliens that land on earth can be killed by water... good job they landed on a planet surrounded by water then. Some thick aliens.

The Devil's Advocate. Keanu Reeves kills himself so his Dad (the devil) can't force him to create an offspring. He wakes up in the past as if the whole film had been a dream. Makes the right decision instead of the wrong one that started the whole thing and then the devil reveals himself with awful CGI to be a reporter who was with Keanu all along. Says a one liner to the camera and Paint it Black starts playing. Shite.

Jaws the Revenge. The shark starts roaring like bad dinosaur audio effect from a stop motion creature feature from the 1960s. Ellen Brody then has a flashback to the scene from first film where Brody shoots the original shark, have to assume she saw the first film on VHS? In one version the shark blows up for, reasons.

Heat.
An excellent film with one of the best shoot out scenes ever committed to celluloid. DeNiro abandons his entire “30’seconds” ethos for some bewer he just met.

Miami Vice
Patchy film with awful casting and some good bits but how did the director of the aforementioned excellent shoot out scene bear responsibility for the muddy shit finale here where you can barely make out who is shooting at whom?

The Usual Suspects
After all that preamble he was bullshitting us from the jump.
Not really it’s brilliant!

Last edited:
The Directors Cut ending in The Butterfly Effect is better than the nicer ending in the released film IMO.
That's the next thread, "Alternate endings better than original"

Kes. I know it's faithful to the book etc and reflects the unrelenting gloom of Billy's future. However I just can't watch 10 minutes of a dead bird being swung around. So I have to stop watching about 15 mins before the end.

the mist

man shoots an old couple, a woman and his young son thinkin the aliens cant be beaten. then finds out they can be just after..

well it was a bad ending for the others in the car anyway
It's a horrible ending. The fact the clean up crew were mere feet away as well, could you not hear them? Basically just a grim horror trope for the sake of it. Ruins the film
@Marty Moose

Speak of the devil.
eh?

Last edited:

Back