Flintoffs top gear accident

The one I’m always surprised about is Schumacher

Of course, he’s allowed privacy if they so want, but we have had virtually nothing in a decade.

Obviously not expecting some tv appearance or even photos, but they have said almost zero about how he is. Which given his millions of fans is slightly surprising

Of course, he’s allowed privacy if they so want, but we have had virtually nothing in a decade.

Obviously not expecting some tv appearance or even photos, but they have said almost zero about how he is. Which given his millions of fans is slightly surprising
Could be laid up in a cabbage state the fact nothing is ever mentioned. I very much doubt he's up and about with the fact there haven't even been any written interviews, never mind in person video interviews.

Maybe they've just decided to let the bloke live in peace. It was a massive, life-changing incident. Not sure I'd be wanting to relive it. Could set him back in his recovery.

A friend of mine is a tetraplegic after being thrown from his horse and trampled on. It happened 14 years ago and it's only really the last 6 months or so that he can bare to stand (no pun intended) talking about the accident. Up until 3 years ago, if any mention of it was brought up, his whole body would just freeze. He couldn't move, couldn't talk or anything for a good half hour or so. Almost as if his brain couldn't comprehend that it had happened and shut down.

Maybe they've just decided to let the bloke live in peace. It was a massive, life-changing incident. Not sure I'd be wanting to relive it. Could set him back in his recovery.

A friend of mine is a tetraplegic after being thrown from his horse and trampled on. It happened 14 years ago and it's only really the last 6 months or so that he can bare to stand (no pun intended) talking about the accident. Up until 3 years ago, if any mention of it was brought up, his whole body would just freeze. He couldn't move, couldn't talk or anything for a good half hour or so. Almost as if his brain couldn't comprehend that it had happened and shut down.
Sure. Wasn’t trying to be insensitive, and certainly wasn’t expecting him to even be shown.

Was more a comment that we actually know very little

Could be laid up in a cabbage state the fact nothing is ever mentioned. I very much doubt he's up and about with the fact there haven't even been any written interviews, never mind in person video interviews.
its likely closer to the former, mick jnr went through two full seasons of F1 without it ever cropping up anywhere. iirc some doctor was trying to sell medical records to the press on the continent but i don't know if that ever made it to the wider press.

People keep talking about illness, what tends to happen in these situations is a smokescreen is put out there. There's a lot
of people saying it's a lot more sordid, all I'm saying is if I had booked hotel and travel tickets I'd be pissed off. All i said was family reasons don't cut it with me, but in the smb fashion a million people want to jump on your back. Its hardly a bizarre thing to say family reasons don't cut it. These celebrities are happy to take the dollar and put themselves on stage and in the limelight when they wish

People keep talking about illness, what tends to happen in these situations is a smokescreen is put out there. There's a lot
of people saying it's a lot more sordid, all I'm saying is if I had booked hotel and travel tickets I'd be pissed off. All i said was family reasons don't cut it with me, but in the smb fashion a million people want to jump on your back. Its hardly a bizarre thing to say family reasons don't cut it. These celebrities are happy to take the dollar and put themselves on stage and in the limelight when they wish
Nice one.

A little known fact is that John Stirk is Schumacher’s real dad

I think it’s highly unlikely that Schumacher has that kind of cognitive function

EDit: thought it was a comparison- they are both 'after' aren't they!

Is it really that different? I've had bigger nicks shaving, seriously though it's hardly the 'bottom half of his face ripped off' that some were saying. Nose unaffected, cheek bones fine. It will have been a bruised bloody mess for a long while but compared to thousands he's been very lucky.
If you look at a higher res photo (tap and then 2 finger zoom) you can see where it's split his face from the bridge of his nose right to his chin as you can see all the scarring and how the left of his mouth isn't right. I reckon it's ripped his face open at the split, though may be an impact split as you'd expect more gravel rash if he face planted and got dragged along on it. He's certainly lost some of his right nostril near the scar as it's barely 'flared' like you'd expect and possibly the same on the right side of his top lip.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Wtf? :lol:

Back