gealic games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some interesting games ahead now as we reach the business end of the season.

Fancy the 2 Ulster teams to get through on Sat night and Kerry should have too much for patchy Galway side on Sunday.

The Mayo Cork game has the potential to be a cracker. Cork have been poor since Dublin turned them over in the lge semi but the talent is there. Can Mayo find the will to go back to the well another time after all the recent disappointment? Should be an open game in the wide spaces of Croker. Fancy Mayo by a couple
Whats the sky games this weekend and are bbc showing any games,cant get rte over here

Whats the sky games this weekend and are bbc showing any games,cant get rte over here
Sky have the 2 final qualifiers on Sat evening. Meath v Armagh and Monaghan v Kildare in a double header at Croker.

Rte have the first 2 QFs on Sunday.

BBC have had an agreement in the past to show Ulster teams when they get to the QFs and beyond so the Donegal game may well be on next Sat evening.

As i live over in Britain i bought the Gaago package for €60 which shows all RTE games. €60 is much cheaper than the 6+ pints watching the games in a bar every sat and sun over the summer!

Sky have the 2 final qualifiers on Sat evening. Meath v Armagh and Monaghan v Kildare in a double header at Croker.

BBC have had an agreement in the past to show Ulster teams when they get to the QFs and beyond so the Donegal game may well be on next Sat evening.

As i live over in Britain i bought the Gaago package for €60 which shows all RTE games. €60 is much cheaper than the 6+ pints watching the games in a bar every sat and sun over the summer!
Not as fun though as watching in the bar :lol:

Thanks mate,will watch the games on sky

I normally just go to the Irish centre to watch a game that I can't get on tv in the house. Easier and you get to have a few cheap beers :cool:
Think

Is Derry your team and is paddy Bradley still playing

Thanks mate,will watch the games on sky

Think

Is Derry your team and is paddy Bradley still playing
Aye im a Derry man but the less said about our Championship the better. Humiliating stuff. Been a long time since we've had anything to shout about!

Nah Paddy Bradley is gone a couple of years now. Was involved in the Antrim backroom team with his Da i think. Class act on his day. His brother Eoin is very decent also but decided to play a bit of soccer this year for the money.

Aye im a Derry man but the less said about our Championship the better. Humiliating stuff. Been a long time since we've had anything to shout about!

Nah Paddy Bradley is gone a couple of years now. Was involved in the Antrim backroom team with his Da i think. Class act on his day. His brother Eoin is very decent also but decided to play a bit of soccer this year for the money.
Aye eoin was decent,didnt his dad manage Antrim

Very interested in how Gaelic Games are perceived in the UK.

Now,having said that, in my opinion Gaelic Football is not a good product right now.

As a spectacle-not good.

Hand pass needs to be curbed,negative play needs to be tackled.

Sky coverage of hurling games so far is only average, difficulty in seeing the ball and the skills involved.

Anyway hope the diaspora are enjoying the games and maybe some will realise that there are other things on apart from the Premier League.

It's a big wide world out there,less than 200 km from your shores:D

Is there any decent players coming through
St Pats Maghera which would be the traditional source for talent in Derry won the premier All Ireland schools cup last year and reached this years final so there is some talent there.

A young player by the name of Conor Glass will be a Derry star of the future if he doesn't head to Aussie rules although im hearing he may already have signed to go.

Very interested in how Gaelic Games are perceived in the UK.

Now,having said that, in my opinion Gaelic Football is not a good product right now.

As a spectacle-not good.

Hand pass needs to be curbed,negative play needs to be tackled.

Sky coverage of hurling games so far is only average, difficulty in seeing the ball and the skills involved.

Anyway hope the diaspora are enjoying the games and maybe some will realise that there are other things on apart from the Premier League.

It's a big wide world out there,less than 200 km from your shores:D
I love the gaa,pleased sky are now showing the games as the only games I could watch before was the Ulster teams on bbc

St Pats Maghera which would be the traditional source for talent in Derry won the premier All Ireland schools cup last year and reached this years final so there is some talent there.

A young player by the name of Conor Glass will be a Derry star of the future if he doesn't head to Aussie rules although im hearing he may already have signed to go.
Quite a few players go over to play Aussie rules,someone was saying Michael Murphy from Donegal turned it down

Ha just had a look on young Glass' twitter to see if there was any talk of Australia and I see he's a Sunderland fan!

I love the gaa,pleased sky are now showing the games as the only games I could watch before was the Ulster teams on bbc

Quite a few players go over to play Aussie rules,someone was saying Michael Murphy from Donegal turned it down
Yeah you cant blame anyone for wanting to give professional sport a chance. Sometimes this can also work in the favour of the GAA when the lads don't quite make it but come back all the better for a few years of that lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back