Golf 2024 official thread

Played Shields this morning. 3 ball of young'un's in front holding us up on every shot. Constantly reloading on nearly every tee shot. Got to the 14th and they're just walking off the tee after taking fookin ages again.
Asked them why they weren't waving us through and all 3 of them just looked at me like I was daft. One of them then said you can't play through cos we've already played. I said you wanna fookin.bet and he told me to shut up so I said you what and started walking towards him. He turned away quick sharp.
Probably new members. You should have to pass an etiquette test before being allowed to join. Also the amount of unrepaired pitch marks and divots is unreal. Standards are going to the dogs. Hate young people me. And the old. Daint mind the women. They always just wave you straight through.

Played Shields this morning. 3 ball of young'un's in front holding us up on every shot. Constantly reloading on nearly every tee shot. Got to the 14th and they're just walking off the tee after taking fookin ages again.
Asked them why they weren't waving us through and all 3 of them just looked at me like I was daft. One of them then said you can't play through cos we've already played. I said you wanna fookin.bet and he told me to shut up so I said you what and started walking towards him. He turned away quick sharp.
Probably new members. You should have to pass an etiquette test before being allowed to join. Also the amount of unrepaired pitch marks and divots is unreal. Standards are going to the dogs. Hate young people me. And the old. Daint mind the women. They always just wave you straight through.

Played at Shields a few weeks ago , four of us , there was three older female members in front on the first tee , after they played I just said enjoy your game but you can let’s us through anytime you like.

They held us up on one , two , three , we were walking to the fourth tee as they were coming off and I just said thanks ladies but we’ll be playing through now.

If I’d said nowt they would have continued to hold a four ball up.

Old enough to know the rules but you still have to tell them.

f***ing hate slow play.

I agree with most of this apart from the ladies bit. They can be the most ignorant, slow, stubborn bastards on the golf course who won't let you play through.

Back