Goodbye To The 'Iconic' Watford Gap M1 Services

Watford gap was responsible for the growth of popular music.

Loads of bands used to stop their on their way back from gigs and mix and swap ideas.

Big bands anarl like the Stones, the Beatles, Hendrix etc etc

Geez, they can’t use the word ‘iconic’ on something mediocre the local media have the monopoly on that word describing everything toon related as iconic

Ffs

Last edited:
Services are only for a quick toilet break and possibly a Costa if I'm feeling flush.
I looked up places which were close to motorways for my regular journeys and I use them for fuel and food it I need to stop.

Look them up on the web, there are sites that show you what you can get by driving a mile off the motorway.

One of my mates is a lorry driver. He is a world authority on Service stations.

He knows how far away you are from one and even which ones have the best sausage rolls. He knows where the best place to park is - absolutely everything.

Mind on every on single bit of intelligence he is beyond useless. Ask him what’s the capital of Brazil and his head might burst into flames.

Being good at geography is great on quiz shoes but useless when you want a sausage roll and a cup of tea.

He knows how far away you are from one and even which ones have the best sausage rolls. He knows where the best place to park is - absolutely everything.

Mind on every on single bit of intelligence he is beyond useless. Ask him what’s the capital of Brazil and his head might burst into flames.

Being good at geography is great on quiz shoes but useless when you want a sausage roll and a cup of tea.
He downloaded an app that tells him this information?

Happy memories of passing LCFC flags being draped from the bridge on the way to Wembley pretty much every year in the 90s and the celebratory ones on the way home.

Tell him it’s Brasilia-he can have that one for free👍

Back