Gus' overhaul

Status
Not open for further replies.

He did and it was spot on. People came on here slating him and saying he was alienating the U21's from the first team.

I think there's a massive difference between what the 2 managers are talking about here... PDC banned the 1st team from talking to any of the other squads & staff. GP wants there to be a marked difference between playing/training with the 1st team and the acedemy/reserves - a 'step up' for the youngsters to attain to, rather than just a blue bib in training instead of a yellow one.

He's suggesting that the wages, facilities etc are not an incentive for youngsters to kick on because they're already getting the same treatment in the youth team. He wants to change that.

I think he means that the step from academy to first team isn't a big enough 'carrot' for the development squad.

Where's the incentive to work your arse off when you're already using exactly the same facilities and getting exactly the same benefits as a first teamer without any of the pressure that comes with it.
Aye ? PDC got slagged to fuck for the same though process, some people think he went over the top by not letting canteen staff talk to them but I bet his reasons for it were good ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back