Gus Staying....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone noticed he never answers the question he's been asked. He would make a great mp. Talks and talks and says nothing. More and more like di canio this bloke.

So Short has to decide whether to give Poyet total power or get someone else in who will be a coach.
After being burned so many times will Short accept this?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/15/sunderland-gus-poyet-resign?CMP=twt_gu

What does he mean by this though?

"The change when you become a first-teamer is very small. I'd like to make it a little bit bigger. That doesn't say you're going to give the young players rubbish but it should be different. At the moment I'm the head coach, not the manager so it's not my responsibility."

I took it to mean the youngsters got all the same facilities and set-up as the first team but haven't really earned it, the difference should be there to make them more hungry to succeed. When we recently released some of the youngsters there was a few rumours kicking about it was because their attitude wasn't right, could fit in with this?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/15/sunderland-gus-poyet-resign?CMP=twt_gu

What does he mean by this though?

"The change when you become a first-teamer is very small. I'd like to make it a little bit bigger. That doesn't say you're going to give the young players rubbish but it should be different. At the moment I'm the head coach, not the manager so it's not my responsibility."
Of course he won't resign because he's get no pay off. Clears up nothing and he is still being a cheeky bastard in his press conferences.

I took it to mean the youngsters got all the same facilities and set-up as the first team but haven't really earned it, the difference should be there to make them more hungry to succeed. When we recently released some of the youngsters there was a few rumours kicking about it was because their attitude wasn't right, could fit in with this?

May well be. He's definitely calling out the regime to back his changes, whatever they may be. Says happy to work with DOF also. Should think Ellis will back him.

To me, it is quite obvious what the message is from Poyet. If he is to stay, there must be a transition of power in the overall running of the club from the SoL to the AoL.

Root and branch transformation by football people, not suits. Policy regarding the youth / senior team and their inter-locking is being used, in this specific example, as another point in case as to how things need to change.

Poyet is advocating running the football club his way. I agree a manager should have this kind of power, but am not convinced Gus would necessarily be the right man. The fact he identifies it alone helps his case, though.

Whether he gets this power will be key to whether he stays.

To me, it is quite obvious what the message is from Poyet. If he is to stay, there must be a transition of power in the overall running of the club from the SoL to the AoL.

Root and branch transformation by football people, not suits. Policy regarding the youth / senior team and their inter-locking is being used, in this specific example, as another point in case as to how things need to change.

Poyet is advocating running the football club his way. I agree a manager should have this kind of power, but am not convinced Gus would necessarily be the right man. The fact he identifies it alone helps his case, though.

No idea how you get to that conclusion from what he said

Very much this, if short goes with it he stays if not hes off simple

Maybe he thinks it's time to overhaul the academy and more importantly, the staff in it? Not a popular concept on here granted, but there are common denominators in there that have see off numerous managers. Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back