Gyan off to China

Status
Not open for further replies.
An undoubtedly talented player who chose money over competing in stronger leagues.

I'm torn between being annoyed at people with this attitude for not challenging themselves and achieving more - and thinking fair play for taking a business decision in terms of future finances (if that is what he is doing)

I suppose what annoys me most is that he has that choice to make. There is a easy way for many footballers to make a living these days!

Shanghai SIPG, who will compete in the 2016 AFC Champions League, are reported to be ready to improve Gyan’s weekly earnings to $250,000

Holy fuck man. £160,000 per week - £8.5m a year. FFS.

He's not even that good.

Such a shame he's pissed away his talent by playing in these shit leagues. He could have been a star if he stayed in Europe.

Still, he's f***ing minted.
Yeah.....theres a fella at nissan pissed away his career.....he could have been a legend at rolls royce on half the money.....such a shame.

So that'll be why I just read that the fee isn't anything like the €20m that has been reported. It'll all go in brown envelopes instead, so that they don't have to pay our cut.
If it's true, surely they have to pay us.

As good a player as he was on his day and I did rate him, he's earning the kind of money which he'd never get close to in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back