How "old" is old?

I'm 59.

Just been remembering bonfire night on that thread.
I read it back to myself just now, and even though I don't feel "old", I can imagine a lot of younger people reading it and thinking "silly owl git" 🤣

So what age is the definition of old?
As old as you want to feel. Body can feel old but the mindset can be a teenager

I see some lads 60 and they act and seem old .

I play tennis with some lads who are nudging 80 and they act like spring chickens. Don't have the mobility but have the skill and the sharpness if head to have the banter with us all

I'm 59.

I read it back to myself just now, and even though I don't feel "old", I can imagine a lot of younger people reading it and thinking "silly owld git" 🤣

As the saying goes, you're only as old as you feel, I'm in a walking group and some are in the eighties and quite happily walk 6 to 8 miles in all weathers, then the gimps moan about a bit of cold.

I'm 57 and in no way feel old. Apart from the aches and pains :lol:
When I was younger I thought those in their 60s were old. Not now. There are lots of folk around in their 70s and even 80s who probably have a more active life than people many years younger.
I think real, proper "old" is when your sitting in a chair alone waiting for the end. Sorry if that sounds depressing

I’m 65 - mentally no different than when in my 20s - if anything more measured and wiser. It’s nice when young folks ask for your advice.

Physically I run , walk and cycle a lot and am physically fit - no fat and 32” waist ( as I was in my 20s)…. mind I drink hardly any alcohol and don’t eat shite food.

The only noticeable issue is that recovery times from injuries or minor knocks take a long while to mend .

Loving the life tbh .

Chatting to a lad I used to work with about 7 years ago yesterday. He's a few years older than me. First thought was god you've aged quickly in that period. Second thought was I bet he's thinking the same about me

Aye think am old now. 40 was fine. 50 no thanks

I think my mam has entered older age all of a sudden. Mid 70s and seemed to happen quickly. Starting to conk out physically and mentally. Age has become a thing of sorts - "I'm in my 70s you know".

Really? I wouldn't have known if you didn't keep saying it

43 here and I’d say 80+ is old. Probably the last 10 years for most.

40 is a piece of piss.
I’m lucky relatively healthy. Got bad gout but it’s managed. I don’t feel any different to me early 30s. So I agree 40 will be easy and I’ll just die when I die

I'm 59.

I read it back to myself just now, and even though I don't feel "old", I can imagine a lot of younger people reading it and thinking "silly owld git" 🤣

Certainly not 59 marra -so you are ok
I would say 80 plus
Need your health mind

Last edited:
Chatting to a lad I used to work with about 7 years ago yesterday. He's a few years older than me. First thought was god you've aged quickly in that period. Second thought was I bet he's thinking the same about me
I recall our school reunion few years back - saw folks I hadn’t seen since school. Kept thinking bloody hell he looks old … she’s not aged well ….. then caught my reflection in the mirror.

Funny thing was some folks hadn’t changed at all ( other than being older ) and others were totally unrecognisable.

Back