Interest rate rise on the cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

When they rise, would this see a rise in the interest rates that FTB would receive on their initial rates? Looks like approximately 4% is the benchmark for 90% LTV at the moment, would this increase in line with the rise?

When they rise, would this see a rise in the interest rates that FTB would receive on their initial rates? Looks like approximately 4% is the benchmark for 90% LTV at the moment, would this increase in line with the rise?

Depends how the rate is calculated currently. If it's a tracker, ie BEO+x% then yes, it would move up in line with the base rate. If it's SVR then it may/may not as it's not always directly pegged. If it's a fixed rate, it won't change at all.

Depends how the rate is calculated currently. If it's a tracker, ie BEO+x% then yes, it would move up in line with the base rate. If it's SVR then it may/may not as it's not always directly pegged. If it's a fixed rate, it won't change at all.

Thanks for that. We're 6 to 12 months away from buying, so I was hoping there wouldn't be a point where I can get a 4% rate, then the next week I can get a 6% rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back