It was alright in the 1970s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alf garnett

In the 70s I was too busy showing the birds on our estate my big shiney chopper to worry or even be aware of political correctness

Watched it last night on the strenght of this thread.

I was sickened.....utterly sickened.....by modern day denial of the nature of sexuality.

Some of you older posters might remember this gem-

There was a 70s blood donor advert that showed a group of lads donating for the first time. It was all nervous chuckling and humour.
One of the lads was of West Indian descent. His turn comes round, and when the blood flows, one of the white lads shouts out 'It's red!!'

I kid you not.

Mind, a few years before that, if I have the story right, a Birmingham woman complained to her councillor (paraphrasing here) that when she left her house, she was surrounded by 'grinning pickaninnies'. I think Enoch Powell was involved at some point.

Hard to believe now. As an aside, it's staggering to think it's less than 50 years since it was illegal to be a homosexual. State bigotry, how thick can people be?

Alf garnett

In the 70s I was too busy showing the birds on our estate my big shiney chopper to worry or even be aware of political correctness

I hope you kept an eye out for darkies, they'd have taken it off you.

Some of you older posters might remember this gem-

There was a 70s blood donor advert that showed a group of lads donating for the first time. It was all nervous chuckling and humour.
One of the lads was of West Indian descent. His turn comes round, and when the blood flows, one of the white lads shouts out 'It's red!!'

I kid you not.

Mind, a few years before that, if I have the story right, a Birmingham woman complained to her councillor (paraphrasing here) that when she left her house, she was surrounded by 'grinning pickaninnies'. I think Enoch Powell was involved at some point.

Hard to believe now. As an aside, it's staggering to think it's less than 50 years since it was illegal to be a homosexual. State bigotry, how thick can people be?

I hope you kept an eye out for darkies, they'd have taken it off you.

I'm sure Powell had invented the woman in his speech and admitted it afterwards.

The Tories did run a campaign in Smethick and one poster said Vote labour and get a ni**er for a neighbour. Additionally, the Tory election team spread rumours that the Labour MPs daughter was sleeping with black guys.

Think it was in 64.

I'm sure Powell had invented the woman in his speech and admitted it afterwards.

The Tories did run a campaign in Smethick and one poster said Vote labour and get a ni**er for a neighbour. Additionally, the Tory election team spread rumours that the Labour MPs daughter was sleeping with black guys.

Think it was in 64.

I stand corrected.

Second paragraph - bloody hell! Sounds like UKIP. Here fishy fishy etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back