Labour party conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever.

But you're saying they oppose the government (this is their job) but are the weakest opposition you remember. When I asked you about IDS/Hague, you excused that by saying Blair was unbeatable.

Part of the reason he was unbeatable was because there was no opposition.

What do you mean, whatever ? You completely misquoted me.

I stand by what I said. They're probably the weakest opposition I can remember (that was my original quote) when you consider how poorly Dave and Gideon fare in the opinion polls.

Don't forget dull Ed stabbed his own brother (who would have absolutely destroyed this government) in the back. It looks like Labour got the leader they deserved.

What is your vision for Britain?

Did his extra investment for the nhs not sound good to you?

There's a lot of blokes on here obsessed by the way Miliband looks or sounds when they should be more interested in what he's saying. Personally, I don't hear anything from Cameron of any value much like the run up the last election when he was slated for being vague.

Now we know why he was vague, he knew if he'd been honest, he would never have been PM.

There's a lot of blokes on here obsessed by the way Miliband looks or sounds when they should be more interested in what he's saying. Personally, I don't hear anything from Cameron of any value much like the run up the last election when he was slated for being vague.

Now we know why he was vague, he knew if he'd been honest, he would never have been PM.

Is this Cameron, as leader of the coalition, who's led us out of the worst recession in living memory by implementing measures that were opposed by the dead Eds ?

What do you mean, whatever ? You completely misquoted me.

I stand by what I said. They're probably the weakest opposition I can remember (that was my original quote) when you consider how poorly Dave and Gideon fare in the opinion polls.

Don't forget dull Ed stabbed his own brother (who would have absolutely destroyed this government) in the back. It looks like Labour got the leader they deserved.

Why is this issue with his brother annoying you. He stood for leader of the party and won. How is that stabbing his brother in the back. In order to be party leader, you have to have balls, something which David clearly lacked.

Honestly mate if you think the opposition are weak then you clearly haven't being paying attention.

Is this Cameron, as leader of the coalition, who's led us out of the worst recession in living memory by implementing measures that were opposed by the dead Eds ?

With Gideon's policies? You're having a laugh!

None of their statements regarding recovery add up. 1 million new jobs...would the be zero hours contracts, part time work? A lot of people are working 3 jobs just to pay their bills.

Last edited:
Why is this issue with his brother annoying you. He stood for leader of the party and won. How is that stabbing his brother in the back. In order to be party leader, you have to have balls, something which David clearly lacked.

Honestly mate if you think the opposition are weak then you clearly haven't being paying attention.

The problem I had with him opposing his brother is that he did it knowing that he'd have the backing of the unions, which gave him an unfair advantage. That led to him becoming leader, which every sensible observer knew was a stupid decision by the Labour Party. I'll never vote for him.

The problem I had with him opposing his brother is that he did it knowing that he'd have the backing of the unions, which gave him an unfair advantage. That led to him becoming leader, which every sensible observer knew was a stupid decision by the Labour Party. I'll never vote for him.

His brother knew the rules and could have dealt with the unions, he chose not to and lost. There was no block vote, union members voted for who they wanted and they weren't told who to vote for. I know this as I saw the ballot paper.

I voted for David myself but he lost, what can you do?

With Gideon's policies? You're having a laugh!

None of their statements regarding recovery add up. 1 million new jobs...would the be zero hours contracts, part time work? A lot of people are working 3 jobs just to pay their bills.

We have the most impressive recovery figures of any economy that was affected by the credit crunch. We have unemployment falling at record figures, and the numbers of people employed are also at record levels. This was achieved by the austerity measures implemented by the coalition, but which were opposed by the two Eds.

His brother knew the rules and could have dealt with the unions, he chose not to and lost. There was no block vote, union members voted for who they wanted and they weren't told who to vote for. I know this as I saw the ballot paper.

I voted for David myself but he lost, what can you do?

That's strange because the Union I am a member of actively promoted Ed as 'their' candidate. I also voted for David.

We have the most impressive recovery figures of any economy that was affected by the credit crunch. We have unemployment falling at record figures, and the numbers of people employed are also at record levels. This was achieved by the austerity measures implemented by the coalition, but which were opposed by the two Eds.

Even if this were true at what cost?

The effects of the massive cuts haven't even begun to kick in....believe me, it's going to hit people hard in the next 12 months when vital services no longer exist.

The NHS has had to find the money for a massive restructure and this could have been spent on patient care. Cameron promised this would not happen and he lied.

They claim there are more people in employment than ever before but as I've already said how many are these jobs are zero hours contracts or where the hours are not enough that people have to do 2 or 3 jobs just to make ends meet.

That's strange because the Union I am a member of actively promoted Ed as 'their' candidate. I also voted for David.

The point I was making was that nobody forced members to vote for Ed and many didn't. The ballot paper I received only had names of the candidates on it. David could have worked with the unions but chose not do.

People have been warning about the effects of these cuts for almost 5 years.

I agree regarding the NHS to a point, but it would have been no better under Labour with their policies regarding austerity.

I'll go with the official figures regarding unemployment/employment figures.

This'll be the same David that shat on his own brother by refusing to work with him and f***ing off in the huff?

This'll be the same Cameron who inherited an economy that was growing when Labour handed it over, and who promptly pushed it back into recession?

This'll be the same David that shat on his own brother by refusing to work with him and f***ing off in the huff?

This'll be the same Cameron who inherited an economy that was growing when Labour handed it over, and who promptly pushed it back into recession?

I don't blame David for leaving.

The same Cameron who is in charge of the most impressive recovery of any economy that was damaged by the credit crunch.

What is your vision for Britain?

Did his extra investment for the nhs not sound good to you?

The NHS is a f***ing joke these days. Staff are joining agencies deliberately in order to completely fleece the tax payer and earn hundreds of pounds for a single day's work. GPs from Germany are flying over for locum work knowing fine well they can earn in one week what would take them a month in their homeland. Current funding in the NHS is being wasted on greedy bastards, rather than being invested in patient care or new equipment. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back