Lampard to NYCFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was at AC Milan, but he was always going to go to Orlando when they got a team. He is supposedly very tight with the owner.
I see Adrian Heath is their manager.

MLS getting all these big names who are in the twilight of their careers..

Once Henry, Lampard, Kaka etc go it'll all go downhill..

There'll be a conveyor belt of old big names though.

It's nowt new anyway. Pele finished there in the 70s.

Exactly, a nice stroll around the pitch whilst getting your ego fed in a decent city rather than having to drop down a division or play for an unfashionable prem side that you'll probably have to move to (although Lampard, Kaka etc would still have decent offers). Stephen Caldwell has the right idea playing for Toronto rather than the likes of Millwall v Doncaster or Brentford v Gillingham on a cold Tuesday night.

It will get much colder in Toronto than it ever will in England.

Probably a bit of a let down after they were allegedly close to signing Xavi. Still, a good signing.

I have no love for Lampard necessarily. I am completely indifferent about him actually. But what exactly is 'abusive' about being a drunk f***ing idiot? I mean, he got drunk, stripped naked (?), and puked in front of these stranded travelers? How is that 'abusing' American tourists? What am I missing here? Did he or the other two idiots ever verbally make fun of the 9/11 incident? In the story I just read it plainly states that none of the three players mentioned the 9/11 event.

From what I can tell they were just really drunk and acting stupidly. Just because they did it in front of Americans that constitutes abuse? Unless I have missed something this seems like the biggest, dumbest stretch imaginable.

I have no love for Lampard necessarily. I am completely indifferent about him actually. But what exactly is 'abusive' about being a drunk f***ing idiot? I mean, he got drunk, stripped naked (?), and puked in front of these stranded travelers? How is that 'abusing' American tourists? What am I missing here? Did he or the other two idiots ever verbally make fun of the 9/11 incident? In the story I just read it plainly states that none of the three players mentioned the 9/11 event.

From what I can tell they were just really drunk and acting stupidly. Just because they did it in front of Americans that constitutes abuse? Unless I have missed something this seems like the biggest, dumbest stretch imaginable.

I agree, though obviously the timing was poor

SSN just had Claudio Reyna bigging him up as he's officially introducing him to the NYC fans ... obviously going to need a major PR exercise to combat the bad publicity .... good luck to him.

Lampard didn't even know how he was going to keep fit before the season starts in 2015...

Of course he knows, but it will not be mentioned during a presser for his new club.. At a guess he´ll turn up in Melbourne as well :cool:

SSN just had Claudio Reyna bigging him up as he's officially introducing him to the NYC fans ... obviously going to need a major PR exercise to combat the bad publicity .... good luck to him.

There is hardly any bad publicity in New York really.. It´s a huge struggle just to be mentioned in any way in a 20 million metropolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back