Liverpool v Real Madrid Sky Sports 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real struggled to get past Ludogorets a few weeks ago... whats your point?

Liverpool would find it easier to finish top 4 in La Liga than they would in the premier league. Just because Madrid and Barca are exceptional teams doesnt mean the entire English league is crap/overrated.
Real struggled but the still won.
Liverpool however got turned over on the same day off Basel.
Only a matter of time before there's only 3 English teams in the champions league.

Find it easier to get top 4 in Spain? What makes you think that?

Real struggled but the still won.
Liverpool however got turned over on the same day off Basel.
Only a matter of time before there's only 3 English teams in the champions league.

Find it easier to get top 4 in Spain? What makes you think that?

And how long before a Spanish team gets knocked out?

And I think that because I think Liverpool are stronger than 16 teams in Spain. I dont think they are in England.

And how long before a Spanish team gets knocked out?

And I think that because I think Liverpool are stronger than 16 teams in Spain. I dont think they are in England.
Well they are not better than 16 teams are they. Can't be proven either way as Liverpool don't play in Spain.
Only way we can compare is by looking at the champions league and Spanish aswell as german teams are and have been out performing the English for some time. So there you go. Are you done now?

A few year ago Liverpool also beat real 5-0 ... Look what happened yesterday. The game is in decline and has been for quite some time.

Well they are not better than 16 teams are they. Can't be proven either way as Liverpool don't play in Spain.
Only way we can compare is by looking at the champions league and Spanish aswell as german teams are and have been out performing the English for some time. So there you go. Are you done now?

A few year ago Liverpool also beat real 5-0 ... Look what happened yesterday. The game is in decline and has been for quite some time.

Your original point was that the English league is overrated. My point is that comparing this Liverpool team (that are not the best team in England, maybe not even in the top 4) to Real Madrid (top 2 in La Liga, arguable the best team) is also not a good way to prove your point.

Your original point was that the English league is overrated. My point is that comparing this Liverpool team (that are not the best team in England, maybe not even in the top 4) to Real Madrid (top 2 in La Liga, arguable the best team) is also not a good way to prove your point.
Look man city are the best team in england going off last year. They are now 3rd in their group. Now are you done?
The premier league as a whole is a sham.

Well if you think its that simple then aye im done.
You just said it was that simple.
You said if real played man city then we would have a better idea about the English game.
Fortunately for me man city got turned over off bayen Munich a few weeks ago and also Dortmund turned over arsenal too.
So you're wrong.

You just said it was that simple.
You said if real played man city then we would have a better idea about the English game.
Fortunately for me man city got turned over off bayen Munich a few weeks ago and also Dortmund turned over arsenal too.
So you're wrong.

Did they not concede in the last minute?

Man utd (a shite one) thumped Leverkusen 5-1 away last year...

Hand picking certain results against some of the best teams in the world isnt proving your point mate.

Did they not concede in the last minute?

Man utd (a shite one) thumped Leverkusen 5-1 away last year...

Hand picking certain results against some of the best teams in the world isnt proving your point mate.
I am picking recent games from this season mate. But if you want to go back just look at when atletico Bilbao 'thumped' Manchester United in the Europa league, suposidly our best team at the time.
Shalke also got a result at Chelsea too mate. Just face the facts we aren't that good. Sky are just over hyping us.

:lol:
I like Liverpool but when you see cringy stuff like this I can see why they are disliked.

I am picking recent games from this season mate. But if you want to go back just look at when atletico Bilbao 'thumped' Manchester United in the Europa league, suposidly our best team at the time.
Shalke also got a result at Chelsea too mate. Just face the facts we aren't that good. Sky are just over hyping us.

But thats my point :lol:. I wasnt seriously using the Man Utd result, more to show one off games between Liverpool and Madrid arent really fair to use as evidence as the English league being overrated. It wasnt too long ago Chelsea won the champions league. Id be very surprised if Chelsea arent in the running again this year.

Its like Sunderland playing Valencia and because we lost deciding that our league is clearly worse. We knew there was a gulf in class between Liverpool and Madrid. But are you so sure that a game between City or Chelsea and Madrid wouldnt be a far more even contest?

But thats my point :lol:. I wasnt seriously using the Man Utd result, more to show one off games between Liverpool and Madrid arent really fair to use as evidence as the English league being overrated. It wasnt too long ago Chelsea won the champions league. Id be very surprised if Chelsea arent in the running again this year.

Its like Sunderland playing Valencia and because we lost deciding that our league is clearly worse. We knew there was a gulf in class between Liverpool and Madrid. But are you so sure that a game between City or Chelsea and Madrid wouldnt be a far more even contest?
Madrid would beat man city & arsenal.
Chelsea I am not sure.
You go back to 2006-7 though mate and it was a shock if English teams didn't have 3 teams in the semi final.
Every English team in the champions league would be expected to Real Madrid. The league has declined since those days. Hence not justifying the extortionate ticket prices english teams charge.
Over rated, out dated, money orientated English game.

Madrid would beat man city & arsenal.
Chelsea I am not sure.
You go back to 2006-7 though mate and it was a shock if English teams didn't have 3 teams in the semi final.
Every English team in the champions league would be expected to Real Madrid. The league has declined since those days. Hence not justifying the extortionate ticket prices english teams charge.
Over rated, out dated, money orientated English game.

So if it was a set price for a season ticket in every league.. which league would you buy a season ticket in? (If supporting Sunderland wasnt an issue :))

So if it was a set price for a season ticket in every league.. which league would you buy a season ticket in? (If supporting Sunderland wasnt an issue :))
Well you have got to look at it now and it would be Germany. Their league as a whole is head and shoulders above the rest.
Where would you get one?

Well you have got to look at it now and it would be Germany. Their league as a whole is head and shoulders above the rest.
Where would you get one?

I'd get one in the premier league because I think its the best league in the world. I agree with you that it might be declining in terms of quality but I cant say its overrated because I still think its the best league in the world.

I'd get one in the premier league because I think its the best league in the world. I agree with you that it might be declining in terms of quality but I cant say its overrated because I still think its the best league in the world.
Good call mate if that's what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back