Living Wage - be careful what you wish for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother works for the DWP, for years he worked in the Gateshead office, they went on strike for a long time once as they were going to remove the plastic protective screen in the interview rooms. You can imagine they might have to deal with a few undesirables. On the other hand, I've no doubt they'll tar everyone with the same brush and no doubt when my turn comes to sign on, I'll be treated in the same way as the career unemployed. No doubt this will piss me off.

If your ok with them they will be as nice as ninepence to your face.
Mind you, most of what they tell you will be a lie, either on purpose or through incompetence.
These days they refer you to a hotline for most of the stuff, who also lie a lot.
Both parties spend most of their time passing the buck blaming the other party and saying how useless they are.
Both parties will say anything to you to appease you, again it will be a lie most of the time.

I was mates with a guy that worked in the DWP locally.
He was off most of the time on the sick (faking it).
Had it down to a tee, they allowed you so much time of a year sick, then you had to come back to work for so long before you could go on the sick again..
No wonder they think people on the sick are faking it, that is their own mindset...

If your ok with them they will be as nice as ninepence to your face.
Mind you, most of what they tell you will be a lie, either on purpose or through incompetence.
These days they refer you to a hotline for most of the stuff, who also lie a lot.
Both parties spend most of their time passing the buck blaming the other party and saying how useless they are.
Both parties will say anything to you to appease you, again it will be a lie most of the time.

I was mates with a guy that worked in the DWP locally.
He was off most of the time on the sick (faking it).
Had it down to a tee, they allowed you so much time of a year sick, then you had to come back to work for so long before you could go on the sick again..
No wonder they think people on the sick are faking it, that is their own mindset...

Hopefully it'll be a while before I have to deal with them. Thankfully I've never needed to sign on up to now but I'm not naive enough to think I never will,so hating the unemployed would be a bit daft. I'm surprised you tried to claim I felt that way.

I know I'd struggle if I had to rely solely on benefits, the main reason is that I have a mortgage and housing benefit does not cover the mortgage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back