Migrants trying to get here from Calais

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then we need a properly resourced camp at Calais with food and basic healthcare and people to explain the options for trying to settle in the UK. They need to know that if they come in or try to come in illegally that they'll be arrested and deported.

Who pays for that? I don't want my taxes to be spent on it.

I didn't want my taxes spent on faith schools yet here we are.

Do you want this issue addressed before people reach the UK or not?

Why can't the French pay for it? I would like the issue addressed but the problems seem to be occurring in other countries who would prefer these people to reach the UK.

It's part of the luck of the drawer in being an island nation. It tends to keep unwanted feckers out.

Are the people in Calais asylum seekers?

I have no idea, that wasn't the point, the point was that if you believe the rhetoric on here the UK is the only Country that take in immigrants from outside the EU, when that is clearly not the case. Germany, Sweden and France have far, far more than we do. The majority of the people in Calais are from ex Colonial African nations where English is their language, hence why they want to come here. France has, believe it or not, the majority of ex French colonies, such as Togo.

I have no idea, that wasn't the point, the point was that if you believe the rhetoric on here the UK is the only Country that take in immigrants from outside the EU, when that is clearly not the case. Germany, Sweden and France have far, far more than we do. The majority of the people in Calais are from ex Colonial African nations where English is their language, hence why they want to come here. France has, believe it or not, the majority of ex French colonies, such as Togo.

Can't they go to the USA or Canada or Ireland then?

Could you answer why countries such as Poland and Switzerland cannot accept more non-EU migrants?

We don't have a moral obligation.

Can you show me posts that say we are the only ones taking in asylum seekers.

Can't they go to the USA or Canada or Ireland then?

Could you answer why countries such as Poland and Switzerland cannot accept more non-EU migrants?

We don't have a moral obligation.

They could, but that bit of water called the Atlantic might be a bit tricky to get over. Probably why the Yanks have a shed load of Mexican and Puerto Rican immigrants and we don't! As for the Poland or Switzerland argument, I aren't sure, I am sure they could accept more. The graph was to highlight that we aren't the only ones with this issues.

Can you show me posts that say we are the only ones taking in asylum seekers.

It was a response to someone who said we couldn't manage to look after our own people but also act with morality by helping others even though we are the 6th richest country in the world. Yet France, Italy and Sweden can with much more immigration than us.

They could, but that bit of water called the Atlantic might be a bit tricky to get over. Probably why the Yanks have a shed load of Mexican and Puerto Rican immigrants and we don't! As for the Poland or Switzerland argument, I aren't sure, I am sure they could accept more. The graph was to highlight that we aren't the only ones with this issues.

It's a hell of a trek from Africa to here, they must be good at geography to avoid the Mediterranean which is water too I think.

It was a response to someone who said we couldn't manage to look after our own people but also act with morality by helping others even though we are the 6th richest country in the world. Yet France, Italy and Sweden can with much more immigration than us.
Ok

See I don't live in abject poverty because I was born here. My descendants (and probably yours) fought and died to give their families a good life. They didn't just decide "fuck this, I'm off somewhere and expect people who are the exact opposite of me feel guilty and give me the benefits of a country I've done nothing for, and never will."
My descendants did fuck all.

The ancestors were the boys mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back