RAWA Minutes from recent supporter's collective meeting with SAFC

Since the short era we feel like a club preying legislation will somehow be our saviour rather than ambition.

Feck all will change in the game imo. More ambitious clubs will go up/win things and none of these “basketcase” clubs will suffer greatly.
Bob Murray thought that the sky bubble would burst in the 1990s.

People keep saying that, and it may be true, but I also reliably hear that he really likes playing for the club. If we’d any ambition at all we could offer him the chance to fulfil his Premiership aspirations with us.
I kind of agree but that ship has sailed for the next year at least. We should have gone for it last Jan imo. We had Amad, Stewart, Clarke etc and a fairly weak league.

Are you including the parach
Except the parachute clubs, all those are spending more than 100% of their income on wages. You really think that's a good idea? Even UEFA think that's daft.
Are you including the parachute payments as income in that equation GOM ?..as thats what they were designed for to help clubs to get back into the prem or adapt to life on a much lower revenue stream!..Sadly ours were used to buy the club ,so hence the fire sale by donald and co........

Poor managers.
They need someone to believe in. Beale and Dodds aren’t it.
We wouldn’t be here with TM still in charge, though we would be struggling, as when Clarke is out we have no one who can produce a bit of magic (well occasionally Bellingham).
Poor signings, poor managerial appointments.
I can understand the Beale appointment, as KS thought this young team just needed coaching well.
They don’t, they need to be inspired. At the moment when playing v us, all a team has to do is play with a bit of urgency as atm we are so tentative

My opinion anyway mate - I know it’s not with everyone else’s

I agree with a lot of this which is why I’m not convinced appointing Will Still or someone as inexperienced as him is a good idea. If as it seems the owner is hell bent on continuing with this model of recruiting inexperienced youngsters they’ll need an experienced man in the dugout to guide them (as Mowbray did so well last season).

I also agree staying in touch with the top six had Mowbray stayed at the club would have been a stretch given our injury woes but I’d bet he’d have us in a far healthier position in the table than we are now.

Are you including the parach

Are you including the parachute payments as income in that equation GOM ?..as thats what they were designed for to help clubs to get back into the prem or adapt to life on a much lower revenue stream!..Sadly ours were used to buy the club ,so hence the fire sale by donald and co........

False on many counts.

Firstly, they ended up with SBC to pay off the last £25m of the loan which Short had moved out of the club to give the cosmetic appearance of tit being debt-free when it wasn't
Secondly, it was only part of the that year's payment.
Finally, that was the second year of parachute we got. God knows what happened in 2017/18, but it certainly wasn't used as intended.

I agree with a lot of this which is why I’m not convinced appointing Will Still or someone as inexperienced as him is a good idea. If as it seems the owner is hell bent on continuing with this model of recruiting inexperienced youngsters they’ll need an experienced man in the dugout to guide them (as Mowbray did so well last season).

I also agree staying in touch with the top six had Mowbray stayed at the club would have been a stretch given our injury woes but I’d bet he’d have us in a far healthier position in the table than we are now.
I'm not convinced with a young foreign coach will still either.
Like you said - an experienced man they can trust , someone who inspires them.
Id love gus poyet back tbh

Part of a "conversation" with ticket office.

I have also missed a call from them, maybe they will ring again or maybe not.

"There is a number of technical reasons that mean we will need to reissue all season tickets for the new season, this is in part related to implementing of safe standing and some updates to our

Last edited:
Oscar Chamberlain :lol:

Class on STID when he is talking about Dance of The Knights to Methven. "Errrrrrrrrr it's slow it's boring. Here we go, we're going into the stadium." :lol:

Charlie looked like he wanted to sack him on the spot when he said we needed to improve the speaker system :lol:

False on many counts.

Firstly, they ended up with SBC to pay off the last £25m of the loan which Short had moved out of the club to give the cosmetic appearance of tit being debt-free when it wasn't
Finally, that was the second year of parachute we got. God knows what happened in 2017/18, but it certainly wasn't used as intended.
Semantics gom!play parachute payments bingo if you want but (payments had to be made direct to club first)but in the end those clowns would not been able to buy the club without the smoke and mirrors around the value of those parachute payments ending up in shorts pocket...........in the end they were not used for wjhat they were meant for!

False on many counts.

You see, this mirrors what I said in another thread. The published finances of football clubs are complete works of fiction, fabricated under the dark arts of creative accounting. Whilst all the shenanigans were unpalatable to us as fans they apparently didn’t cause any concern as to their legality with those at the EFL. I don’t suppose anything has changed either so no use arguing over spreadsheets.

You see, this mirrors what I said in another thread. The published finances of football clubs are complete works of fiction, fabricated under the dark arts of creative accounting. Whilst all the shenanigans were unpalatable to us as fans they apparently didn’t cause any concern as to their legality with those at the EFL. I don’t suppose anything has changed either so no use arguing over spreadsheets.

This makes me laugh. Creative accounting is nowhere near the magic bullet people think it is. For one thing, you need to convince the auditors that what you're doing is remotely feasible/plausible - I've told clients that no, they can't do that. The only thing it's really useful for is shifting profits between accounting periods, usually by overprovding against a liability (like bad debts) or a potential expense (oh, we might have to pay out x under warranties, etc) and then discovering the next year you've overdone it, shock horror. Clearly farcical asset valuations will tend to get thrown out. And, in any event, you can't fudge cash, which is why the first thing I look at in any set of accounts is the cash flow statement. That tells you what's really going on.

Just read the minutes. I dont take much confidence on the response to the team needing more experience in it.

Read to me as theres loads, how much more would you want.

Back