MTREC

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've just started using them and they are a mare to deal with, always missing peoples hours off and getting the rates of pay wrong - so no different from any other agency then.

If you get in let us know where you end up.

We've just fucked pinpoint off for Mtrec as they are cheaper, all the pinpoint lads have migrated to Mtrek instead
Luckily I have just been made permanent so hopefully I won't be dealing with agencies for a long time.

In my experience they are absolutely f***ing useless, dragged me through tyne dock to do an induction course, then decided on the day that they had too many on the course so they told me they'd organise another closer to home and invite me to that.....three years ago.
Then last year invited to an interview, sign up etc, was then told they had no vacancies at that time so i'd have to wait....found work elsewhere and fucked them off when they came calling.

Worst agency going along with Blue Sky who used to do my old places, they got 11 new starters one night, 8 were gone the next night because they were f***ing morons and knuckle draggers and all looked like they had been dragged from a methadone clinic.

best ones i've found are Pinpoint and Primetime in Durham, i found alternate employment but they often rang me up offering alternative work.

Luckily I have just been made permanent so hopefully I won't be dealing with agencies for a long time.
Christ alive, agency lads in there getting given jobs...theres a turnup :eek::eek:

Congratulations all the same marra, still know a good few lads working there.

Christ alive, agency lads in there getting given jobs...theres a turnup :eek::eek:

Congratulations all the same marra, still know a good few lads working there.
Cheers. A lot of people permanent people have left over the last few months. 5 or 6 on our shift have been made permanent.

Aye, nice one.

They've somehow managed to make themselves fairly indispensable in job recruitment, and I can see where they will be helpful, but I've also had better candidates for jobs by hoying an advert in the job centre.

i know a few lads on my old shift have left, 2 left, 1 got sacked for absence and a couple of others were looking for a way out
Aye there seems to be quite a few new faces on all 3 shifts mate.

Aye, nice one.

They've somehow managed to make themselves fairly indispensable in job recruitment, and I can see where they will be helpful, but I've also had better candidates for jobs by hoying an advert in the job centre.
Aye I can believe it mate.

This thread fills me with loads of confidence like! :) Getting made redundant on 31st December, so have started looking around and applied for a job I seen on there website.

They won't they are getting the same rop but the agency have cut their margins.
Nowt to do with me anyway, as if Id be trusted to be in charge of owt like that :lol:
not true - they use a travel and subsistence payment scheme that means they rob the tax man. that's where they get there margin which is higher than a std payroll method. Set of twats they are. They charge for a payslip !! I bet they also get you to do some kind of training with a view to a job start that never materialises as they make a shed load doing that.

not true - they use a travel and subsistence payment scheme that means they rob the tax man. that's where they get there margin which is higher than a std payroll method. Set of twats they are. They charge for a payslip !! I bet they also get you to do some kind of training with a view to a job start that never materialises as they make a shed load doing that.

Aye, all I know is that the lads were happy they weren't getting robbed.

No training here because they were already on the job just switched agencies.

its called the umbrella scheme. You get paid and taxed on the min wage and the rest of your hourly rate say your on a tenner an hour is paid as untaxed expences so you score a bit. However when the min wage goes up you end up getting less as theres less expences to use. I cannot believe it hasnt been done away with as it costs the hmrc a fortune in lost tax.

all agencys use the umbrella scheme, not just mtrec

Unipres have a load from Pinpoint. But apart from them I have found every job with an agency impossible and as others have mentioned few if any positions that are advertised do exist. Every job that I went for and heard from was just to register with them. The others never even bothered to reply. The most success I have had finding work before NAC Oursourcing was just to sent spec letters away. That is how I got in contact with the valeting firm in Newcastle.

I know people who work in the recruitment agency industry especially ones that deal with management and senior management and they have told me it's common practice to advertise for jobs that do not exist. This is simply to canvass the market to see who and what caliber of person is out there looking for work. They then get you in to register with them etc so they can then put you forward after having a nosey at your CV for any ones that do materialise, Taking their cut along the way which when you're talking a job of 40-65k is quite a bit. They are an absolute bunch of shysters the lot of them

This practice applies to all agency staff, they charge a premium rate to an employer of 25% more per hour than the employee is getting paid and nine times out of 10 I'm doing all their admin for them too....wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back