Must have Xmas treats

My own home made sausage rolls I make for the family every Christmas (Sausage meat, black pudding, panchetta, garlic, onion, oregano, mozzarella, cranbury sauce, bread crumbs). Last year I made 8 massive sausage rolls and by the time I cut them up and divided them out, they ended up being 134 mini sausage rolls.
Class, love home made sausage rolls with black pudding in them, food of the Gods.

My own home made sausage rolls I make for the family every Christmas (Sausage meat, black pudding, panchetta, garlic, onion, oregano, mozzarella, cranbury sauce, bread crumbs). Last year I made 8 massive sausage rolls and by the time I cut them up and divided them out, they ended up being 134 mini sausage rolls.

Made some with smooth Branston pickle, vintage cheddar and Cumberland sausage meat the other day. They were tremendous.

So you're saying you get 16.75 rolls for each one ?? I'm thinking tight fukker they'll be like about 3mm thick. I'm calling bs.
You can call it what you want, but it’s the truth. Based them on my mum’s recipe. I make the filling the day before. Fry the onion, garlic & oregano then let it cool. Then I add everything into a large mixing bowl and mix it all together with my fingers. Then the I carefully spoon the mixture into sheets onto cling film, until they all equal lengths roll them up and place in fridge over night. The following day I roll out blocks of ready to puff pastry to the lengths I need and then place the sausage filling onto them.

Tbis is the photo I took last year of a batch I was getting ready to divide up while another batch was in the oven. Took me around three hours, between rolling out, putting in the oven, waiting for the Next batch to go in etc….

Champagne. Courvoisier. Hennessey.

You can call it what you want, but it’s the truth. Based them on my mum’s recipe. I make the filling the day before. Fry the onion, garlic & oregano then let it cool. Then I add everything into a large mixing bowl and mix it all together with my fingers. Then the I carefully spoon the mixture into sheets onto cling film, until they all equal lengths roll them up and place in fridge over night. The following day I roll out blocks of ready to puff pastry to the lengths I need and then place the sausage filling onto them.

Tbis is the photo I took last year of a batch I was getting ready to divide up while another batch was in the oven. Took me around three hours, between rolling out, putting in the oven, waiting for the Next batch to go in etc….

Consider yourself clamped by pictatorial evidence @Iballistic George

Homemade onion stuffing, (onions, breadcrumbs and eggs) made as part of Christmas roast but is really used in the following days with cold cuts.

Back