Name something great about modern football

Status
Not open for further replies.
The million sky cameras proving the referee is shite making his split second decision, when we can clearly see, after 5 minutes of re-wind and multi slow-mo he's a right tosser as we suspected.

Football websites because they make me realise that I'm not actually the biggest tosser in the world despite what the wife says

from my loungeroom with the tv on in australia i can run around it with my shirt over me heed and then out into the street singing we want four when we go up three up against the mags

waking all the neighbours up and having to aplogise in the morning

that to me is the wonder of modern football

This is a bit backward, but the slick modern sanitised game makes me absolutely love going to little grounds and old grounds and love the romance, the history and the echoes of what it was like to be at Roker. It'd mean nothing if we were all still playing in crumbling old heaps!

I love the place I can watch every Sunderland game live.

I love the fact that this place exists. Seriously. Since 18 I've lived in Yorkshire, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire and New York/New Jersey and I've visited this website every single day. It's a link to home that only an exile can understand. The news, the banter, the rumours. The bullshitting on the main SMB with nothing to do with football, lads sharing their opinions and experiences, where I can use words, phrases and slang that only a northeasterner can understand, without a second thought.

You guys!!!!!

Last edited:
This is a bit backward, but the slick modern sanitised game makes me absolutely love going to little grounds and old grounds and love the romance, the history and the echoes of what it was like to be at Roker. It'd mean nothing if we were all still playing in crumbling old heaps!

I love the place I can watch every Sunderland game live.

I love the fact that this place exists. Seriously. Since 18 I've lived in Yorkshire, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire and New York/New Jersey and I've visited this website every single day. It's a link to home that only an exile can understand. The news, the banter, the rumours. The bullshitting on the main SMB with nothing to do with football, lads sharing their opinions and experiences, where I can use words, phrases and slang that only a northeasterner can understand, without a second thought.

You guys!!!!!
good post marra.

You in New York soon dude... I mean marra?
Was supposed to be back in August but it clashed with my holiday to Cozumel (look at me!). Back in September 8-11. It's hard to stay over a weekend but if you're up for a beer in midtown let me know!

Being able to watch all the games almost anywhere.
Being able to go to a game without fear you are going to get beaten up.
Treat like a human being instead of a farm animnal inside stadiums. (stadia for the latin lot)
Having players from across the world play in the league.
Not having bananas thrown at black players.
Not having thugs playing whose only attribute is being able to tackle a player from behind.

That little lot for a start.
Man up

It's more about the technology for me.

I remember the days when I had to ring one of those 0891 numbers to get the result from a meaningless friendly game and generally a few hours after the game had finished.

Now you can see clips from a friendly game anywhere on a gif minutes after something happened.

Watching games online, photos of new signings arriving at the airport or dubious sightings, itk rumours and raos chatter are all great.

We had none of this not so long ago when the only discussion on a game was in the letters pages of the press or with your mates in the pub. Now we have people from all over the world raging at each real time on all things safc.

Bloody love it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back