Name something great about modern football

Status
Not open for further replies.

The endless amounts of stairs to climb just because I've fancied a cigarette during a 2 hour period in an outdoor arena. I enjoy each and every step returning to my seat safe in the knowledge that crazy people pay a considerable monthly fee at gyms for this privilege.

Match day prices
All seater stadia
Games of Monday and Thursday nights
Match day prices
Music accompanying goals
Diving
Match day prices
Brandishing of imaginary yellow cards towards opponents
Kick off times and dates changed at a couple of weeks notice
And finally...match day prices
Whats great about any of that?

There may have been elements of the game that have improved, but you cannot ignore:

The enormous level of corruption from FIFA downwards
The so far successful attempt to remove the working classes from football grounds
The transfer of industrial quantities money from fans to owners, directors, players and agents
Everything is done for the benefit of SKY

What has looked like improvement will end up destroying the game, and by that time, nobody will care.

You don't have to stand in 6" of piss at the bottom of the fulwell steps, that toilet is a memory in itself

Not sure its really down to modern football or just the world we live in today but as an excile being able to follow every single thing that happens with the club online.

Not sure how you'd do it back in the day unless you had the local papers delivered across the country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back