New Music Releases Thread

Four posts in a row. I will talk back... I like the new Iceage album, which isn't remotely new and also that King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard album, which the press seem to like in spite of the band's name.

Brian Pern is in a coma!

Same, enjoyed it as much as their last one which was also out this (last) year as well, which is canny dedication. Reckon they will be carried along with the new wave of Australian psych-ish bands who are getting bigger.

Love the Arca album 'Xen' as well - didnt realise he produced FKA Twigs album as well, and Yeezus.

New Tame Impala album confirmed for this year as well

Same, enjoyed it as much as their last one which was also out this (last) year as well, which is canny dedication. Reckon they will be carried along with the new wave of Australian psych-ish bands who are getting bigger.

Love the Arca album 'Xen' as well - didnt realise he produced FKA Twigs album as well, and Yeezus.

Nice! Heard him singing with Mark Ronson yesterday, it was good.

What's everyone looking forward to this year?

I was looking forward to Kanye but I don't like that new song very much. Will Butler, Noel Gallagher. Hopefully the new Libertines album will be good coz I loved them when I was in colege although never listen to them anymore.

I was looking forward to Kanye but I don't like that new song very much. Will Butler, Noel Gallagher. Hopefully the new Libertines album will be good coz I loved them when I was in colege although never listen to them anymore.

That song is absolutely brilliant btw. Was disappointed that he'd let Ronson have it as his own, but in fairness listening to the raw version vs the one released, his production is brilliant.

Also means that Kevin's got even better material lined up for the album.

Kingsley Chapman & The Murder were canny on Saturday night, the first song they played which was called 'The Murder' was superb, like the Chapman Family at their screaming best. The other few were very low key and didn't really translate too well into a live performance, it was only their second ever gig though so it was to be expected. They need to sort the keyboard out mind, it sounded awful in parts, like a child just bashing a piano, I don't know whether that was crap playing or just a crap keyboard sound, I'm guessing the latter.

Nadine Shah was the surprise guest, I'm not really a fan although did still enjoy the set. Two new songs sounded canny.

Apologies (drummer and bass player from Let's Buy Happiness) played two songs in a 30 minute set, sounded a little Godspeed You! influenced. No vocals just excellent guitar and drums, the first half of the set was really good, the second a bit 'meh'. One to keep an eye on.

Tissue Culture were tremendous again, my ears are still ringing now. If you like crashing guitars and loud shouty vocals then I'd recommend you see them live when you get the chance, they are really good. They're also the loudest band going, they don't half create a racket.

All that for £2, the place was packed, great to see!

New Pond album this month as well, I believe. There's a track on the new Uncut cover CD which sounds good.

Panda Bear's newie. Matthew E White, Decemberists, full album from Viet Cong should be good, Laura Marling will inevitiably make my 8th favourite album of the year as that's what she does every time she releases something.

As regards out already stuff "77" by Nude Beach is a fine album of Big Star and Teenage Fanclub type songs and the Malcolm Middleton and David Shrigley album a) is very sweary and b) has some top quality songs on it along with some that don't work.

Last edited:
New Pond album this month as well, I believe. There's a track on the new Uncut cover CD which sounds good.

Panda Bear's newie. Matthew E White, Decemberists, full album from Viet Cong should be good, Laura Marling will inevitiably make my 8th favourite album of the year as that's what she does every time she releases something.

As regards out already stuff "77" by Nude Beach is a fine album of Big Star and Teenage Fanclub type songs and the Malcolm Middleton and David Shrigley album a) is very sweary and b) has some top quality songs on it along with some that don't work.

Yeah, think its the 19th. The first single was really catchy, and one of the others I've heard was good aswell, the other couple were a bit 'meh' though, hopefully theyll sound better in the full album context, as I've been looking forward to it for a while, and they've talked it up a lot.

I didn't know The Decemberists had a new one coming out, wasn't that keen on the last one with him from REM. Had tickets to see them at the Academy a few years back but they cancelled

Yeah, think its the 19th. The first single was really catchy, and one of the others I've heard was good aswell, the other couple were a bit 'meh' though, hopefully theyll sound better in the full album context, as I've been looking forward to it for a while, and they've talked it up a lot.

Yeah, I kind of got the impression that Hobo Rocket was more of a quickly recorded thing for them than a proper album.

Just remembered - new Courtney Barnett album out in March.

I didn't know The Decemberists had a new one coming out, wasn't that keen on the last one with him from REM. Had tickets to see them at the Academy a few years back but they cancelled

I'm always going to be a bit disappointed when their albums don't match up to The Crane Wife.

Yeah, I kind of got the impression that Hobo Rocket was more of a quickly recorded thing for them than a proper album.

Yeah, from what Ive read they saw it more as an off the cuff thing, whereas these songs have been recorded since Beards Wives & Debenhams

I heard the first tune off if yesterday morning on BBC6, quite trippy. Sonic Boom back at the controls too.

I'm always going to be a bit disappointed when their albums don't match up to The Crane Wife.

I've just had a listen to one of their new songs. Sounds good. I'll be getting that on the 19th! Thanks

Back