New Music Releases Thread

Lanterns on the Lake have a new song out (Spotify them) and a new album in November. They've announced a tour too, just got my ticket sorted. Happy days.

Anyone heard Paul Smith's new one or the new Beach House? Think the latter is out on Friday.
I love Lanterns on the Lake, nice people too (free t shirt when they recognised me from multiple shows)

I will be going

New releases today

Destroyer
Beach House
The Weeknd
Foals
Hooton Tennis Club

After one listen

Beach House - meh, not grabbing me yet
Foals - better than the last one but it's still bland, maybe a grower
HTC - really enjoyable. shades of Parquet Courts and that kinda chilled Ultimate Painting vibe at times.

Will give the other two a listen today.

After one listen

HTC - really enjoyable. shades of Parquet Courts and that kinda chilled Ultimate Painting vibe at times.

Agree on Beach House and Foals. Destroyer didn't grab me on first (half) listen. The Weeknd I gave up on after about 5 songs.

I mut have just missed out on the release date but Flying Saucer Attack possibley the greatest, psychedelic shoegaze band have released their first album after 15 years. the snippets I've heard are immense and heavy. Just hope the bugger is touring.

After one listen

Beach house not really my thing as much as I tried to get into it.

Destroyer I'm hoping is a grower after 2 listens. I thought his last album Kaput was incredible.

Looking forward to listening to HTC.

On a seperate note, just bought Malcolm middletons new album under the human don't be angry monikor. Last one was brilliant so expecting big things.

Beach house not really my thing as much as I tried to get into it.

Destroyer I'm hoping is a grower after 2 listens. I thought his last album Kaput was incredible.

Looking forward to listening to HTC.

On a seperate note, just bought Malcolm middletons new album under the human don't be angry monikor. Last one was brilliant so expecting big things.

Mate if you enjoy Happiness (you should), Parquet Courts and stuff or that ilk then you'll enjoy HTC.

managed to swap my mac demarco ticket thank The Lord. On a total side note has anyone been to Strasbourg? I'm away there thursday.

Will definitely update the blog this month, apologies for last month but I've been too busy to commit 2/3 hours to a computer. Gunna try and get involved in posting more on here too because this thread has fallen way too down the forum.

Indeed

I have decided that Teen Daze is superb and very much enjoyed Sweet Baboo as well

Royal Headache is on the list for a second listen

Haven't heard the new RH album but I have been listening to their old one this week, very enjoyable.

Starting to update the blog now so if anyone has got another mentions for August then speak now or forever hold your peace.

Back