New Music Releases Thread

Having a read through the early part of this thread. Its fascinating how far its come, and how many good albums there are that are now "forgotten"

Three and a half thousand posts on this thread. Think it's safe to say this thread has been a success. :cool:

Off to see Ought tonight, is the Village Underground any good? Shopping are supporting, remember enjoying their debut a couple of years back, it got a mention on this thread iirc.

Three and a half thousand posts on this thread. Think it's safe to say this thread has been a success. :cool:

Off to see Ought tonight, is the Village Underground any good? Shopping are supporting, remember enjoying their debut a couple of years back, it got a mention on this thread iirc.
Yes it's canny. One of those weird ones where you enter from the side. Hipster beer in cans anarl

Yes it's canny. One of those weird ones where you enter from the side. Hipster beer in cans anarl

Ought were superb once they'd eased into the gig, new stuff sounding very good too. Shopping were enjoyable if incredibly repetitive.

VU is a good venue, sound was spot on all night. The drink situation is a bit shit mind, £3.50 for a coke-sized can of beer, works out at something like £6.50+ for a pint.

Ought were superb once they'd eased into the gig, new stuff sounding very good too. Shopping were enjoyable if incredibly repetitive.

VU is a good venue, sound was spot on all night. The drink situation is a bit shit mind, £3.50 for a coke-sized can of beer, works out at something like £6.50+ for a pint.
It's just like buying a bottle. But more hipster

Only seen Ought once and was so disappointed, but thinks that's because I had built them up too much

It's just like buying a bottle. But more hipster

Only seen Ought once and was so disappointed, but thinks that's because I had built them up too much

True I suppose.

Thought they were on form tonight, if I had to be critical I'd say there were a little clean cut at times and could've done with just loosening up, a few songs sounded like you were listening to the record which was odd for a band with such a chaotic sound to them. Beautiful Blue Sky is a bloody tune though, really looking forward to the album in a couple of weeks.

After one listen

Beach House - meh, not grabbing me yet
Foals - better than the last one but it's still bland, maybe a grower
HTC - really enjoyable. shades of Parquet Courts and that kinda chilled Ultimate Painting vibe at times.

Will give the other two a listen today.

Love beach house headphones on dream away sort of band.

@Bukowski got anything for us?

Aye mate. We've been working on the new FIDLAR, Gardens & Villa and Royal Headache releases. All good. Radkey and Autobahn, too (not quite as keen though). I'm enjoying the Briana Marela, Georgia, Halsey and Oh Wonder records, for those with a sweeter pop tooth. Foals, obviously. And we've just got our mitts on the new Ben Khan and The Japanese House EPs, out later in the year. Both of those are worth getting into now, they'll be on the Sound Of 2016 longlist along with Hinds, Jack Garratt, Kacy Hill, Oscar and Spring King, and utterly inescapable over the next 12 months.

I admire them plugging the 3 for £10 as if it's a great deal :cool:

Shopping are NME's New Act Of The Week. I'm not sold.

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-radar/radar-new-act-of-the-week-shopping-interviewed

Last edited by a moderator:
I admire them plugging the 3 for £10 as if it's a great deal :cool:

Shopping are NME's New Act Of The Week. I'm not sold.

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-radar/radar-new-act-of-the-week-shopping-interviewed

Hinds are playing a free gig at Moth Club this weekend actually, I planned on going but realised I'm away. Pisser.

Shopping are hardly new either are they! Released their debut in 2012/13 or something. They're enjoyable in small doses, it becomes a bit too much after about 20 mins though, there's only so much of that jangly guitar and same drum beat you can stomach. The album is definitely worth a listen though if it passed people by on here..

I'm off to see them tonight in Manchester, support band worth seeing? Dunno if I can be arsed to stand around for an extra hour if they aren't that good.

Just seen the post above :lol: never mind

Back