New Music Releases Thread

I don't know if any of you have the tune-in radio app on your phone or smart TV, but if you do listen to a station called Gimme Indie.
http://www.gimmeindie.se/

I've listened to it for the past year or so and it plays a great range of indie/indie pop type tunes, most of which I'd never heard of! I've come across these bands since I started listening to it...

French Films - Pretty in Decadence

Grooms - I Think We're Alone Now

Public Service Broadcasting - Everest

Kagoule - Made of Concrete
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K90WoD41BTg

So I have Mogwai, Fuck Buttons and the Twighlight Sad tomorrow night which is exciting

Then off to see Famy on Wednesday, worth checking out

How were Twilight Sad? Quite funny seeing Dok in Chvrches going on the way he does when all he used to when he played live with Twilight Sad was stand right on the side of the stage playing bass looking miserable as fuck.

How were Twilight Sad? Quite funny seeing Dok in Chvrches going on the way he does when all he used to when he played live with Twilight Sad was stand right on the side of the stage playing bass looking miserable as fuck.

Is he the one who sings or not? I absolutely hate his voice/songs, shit in every way.

Are any of their previous albums much cop? Think they had another 2/3 before lost in the dream?

yeah i think this is their 3rd album, but i know nothing about to be honest, a friend recommended them to me so i was having a listen for the first time, think i'd heard one of the songs on 6music before...

Both of the other albums are well worth a listen. On Wagonwheel Blues, he sounds very Dylanesque vocally, Slave Ambient is more of an obvious precursor to Lost in the Dream.

i had travelling wilburys in my head when listening to them, that must be why!

Famy were canny if not outstanding

Supported by Goodbye Chanel, sounded like one of them was from the north east?

I was helping these lads out with their press when they first started. Scott, the lead vocalist, is from Newcastle. Think the latest incarnation of his band are all from Leeds though. How were they?

I was helping these lads out with their press when they first started. Scott, the lead vocalist, is from Newcastle. Think the latest incarnation of his band are all from Leeds though. How were they?
They were very good actually. Although the other singer had a weird George Michael thing going on - stone washed denim, bouffant and one dangly earring

Yeah that's him. His song is their best one live IMO.

He irritates the fuck out of me but I agree, 'Under The Tide' is one of the few tunes where they're injected with any semblance of energy live. Crowd always go nuts for his shitty body-popping and flipping his baseball cap about. Must drive Lauren f***ing mental...

Is he the one who sings or not? I absolutely hate his voice/songs, shit in every way.

2:55 onwards. Jesus. f***ing. Christ.

They were very good actually. Although the other singer had a weird George Michael thing going on - stone washed denim, bouffant and one dangly earring

Sounds like a bona fide helmet to me.

They've got a few good tunes though.

https://soundcloud.com/goodbyechanel

Last edited by a moderator:
He irritates the fuck out of me but I agree, 'Under The Tide' is one of the few tunes where they're injected with any semblance of energy live. Crowd always go nuts for his shitty body-popping and flipping his baseball cap about. Must drive Lauren f***ing mental...

2:55 onwards. Jesus. f***ing. Christ.

:lol: Looks like the lights are giving him a seizure. I like bits of Chvrches but they look like one of the dullest live bands going, as weird as that seizure dance at least he looks like he's enjoying it. Lauren is like a statue.

I miss Wu Lyf. Their album was great.

Gunna repeat my tip of last year but listen to Los Porcos, they're a spin off disco type band from Wu Lyf. Hoping for an album within a year, their EP was addictive as hell. Guaranteed for a bit of a mainstream breakout I think.

Back