New Star Trek film

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Nah, I don't like TOS. Can't get away with it. TNG, VOY and the ill-fated but enjoyable Enterprise, fine. DS9 and TOS? Vile, IMO

Why does he call him Mr. Perfect Hair? Presumably a TOS reference I never got.

Star Trek (2009) is my favourite film ever. It has everything from the very lovely Jennifer Morrison to, well, everything else :lol:

Think Academy Awards.

TOS is surprisingly good if you watch the touched up versions eg on Youtube or Hulu. The Blue Peter model external shots of the Enterprise (etc), and view screen contents, have been replaced with CGI with the result of making it feel more modern.

IMHO there are about a dozen TOS episodes really worth watching (Doomsday Machine being the best). About the same for TNG , despite its advantages.

2009 was excellent. I was blown away by the way JJA pulled off a seemingly impossible job.

And Into Darkness is even better. Watch the TOS movie version of the Khan story (considered the fans' favourite) then ID, and it's like watching a Roger Moore Bond movie followed by Skyfall.

And if you doubt my ST nerdiness credentials, I can tell you why Scotty calls Kirk "Mr. Perfect Hair" in Into Darkness, without Googling. Can you?
It has to be because William Shatner had the perfect head of hair and Chris Pine can only ever be second best both in terms of follicles and line delivery

Simon Pegg is heavily involved ffs.....In the bloody making of it. when will someone take this storyline more seriously? Make it dark..chilling, serious! For crying out loud there was minimal humour in Roddenberry's stroylines back then.

The director is going to be the fella from fast and furious. Horrible choice!!!!!!!!!!

Aye. Cos ST has always been dead serious...

Logon or register to see this image

It has to be because William Shatner had the perfect head of hair and Chris Pine can only ever be second best both in terms of follicles and line delivery
Valiant effort sir. BUt NO....T THe right ON.......E.

Simon Pegg is heavily involved ffs.....In the bloody making of it. when will someone take this storyline more seriously? Make it dark..chilling, serious! For crying out loud there was minimal humour in Roddenberry's stroylines back then.

The director is going to be the fella from fast and furious. Horrible choice!!!!!!!!!!

I wish he was as talented and funny as he thinks he is

To be fair, he's been excellent in the JJA fillums.
Agreed but not as good as he thinks he's been, he has a smugness about everything he does like he's just thinking "i'm f***ing excellent at this" as he's doing it. I can see it in his eyes. Bet he really enjoys the smell of his own farts more than any normal person should.

Agreed but not as good as he thinks he's been, he has a smugness about everything he does like he's just thinking "i'm f***ing excellent at this" as he's doing it. I can see it in his eyes. Bet he really enjoys the smell of his own farts more than any normal person should.

To be fair to the lad, he's paid his dues. Can't begrudge him it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back