New Year Holidays

mini-x2

Striker
Toying with the idea of going away for new year for a week. Suggestions for somewhere that’s decent weather and won’t bankrupt me? Already spent far too much on holidays for one year :confused:

Not the right climate this time of year mate
We’re going to Lanzarote cycling New Years Eve…a nice 22c currently.

Club La Santa
Yes Lanzarote is definitely an option, haven’t been for years actually
Was looking at the canaries, couldn’t find anything under £1200 each for 7days, that was flying around the 27th of December
Was some cheap flights from Leeds/Bradford when I looked the other day

Last edited:
Not the right climate this time of year mate

Yes Lanzarote is definitely an option, haven’t been for years actually

Was some cheap flights from Leeds/Bradford when I looked the other day
Never been to Lanzarote…done Gran Canaria a few times.
Fuerventura was first option ( even quieter for biking) but complex we wanted is fully booked.

Canaries would be the best bet if you want warm without going long haul but the Xmas/NY period is expensive. Prices will drop once the schools go back

Southern Spain can be OK but more of a risk with the weather and late availability may be limited. I'm off to Malaga next week but it was booked 6 months ago

Plenty of options of city breaks across Europe if you don't mind some cold and rain.

Never been to Lanzarote…done Gran Canaria a few times.
Fuerventura was first option ( even quieter for biking) but complex we wanted is fully booked.
Was trying to find a week cycling somewhere but couldn't find owt cheap. It's cheaper to go XC skiing for a week in Austria.

Was trying to find a week cycling somewhere but couldn't find owt cheap. It's cheaper to go XC skiing for a week in Austria.
Aye far more expensive than I’d have expected.Bike hire sorted but Club La Santa now saying you can hire their bikes for nowt so don’t know why they encourage hiring for your stay.

Will be windy but that’s factored in

Flights from Newcastle to Faro 31st December until 7th January are 58 quid return the temperatures are around 17-18 degrees.

It’s looking cheaper than a week in a lodge up in Northumberland.

7 night cruise with Marella around Canary Islands and Maderia 19th Jan £939 each all inclusive. Got to fly from Manchester for this price.
Edit just re read post and realised wants to go away at New year

Last edited:
Weather is currently very nice in Malaga, no guarantee it will stay that way though. Wish I could fly out there for the next week or so
Wish I’d never looked now, fly out tomorrow back Christmas Eve £75, 17-21 degrees and sunny every day.
Going to Malaga end of Jan for a long weekend,As you say weather is very nice currently hopefully it stays that way when we go.
Booked for Easter week, can’t wait love it there.

Last edited:

Back