New Year Holidays

Wish I’d never looked now, fly out tomorrow back Christmas Eve £75, 17-21 degrees and sunny every day.

You get a few hours of nice weather every day between 11-3ish but the temp drops in the evening.

Always funny to see the Brits, Irish and other northern Europeans in shorts and t-shirts when the locals are walking around in big coats.

Self catering in Cape Verde. Weather should be good and cheaper than AI.
:?:

Morocco. Never been but is considered a winter destination. :?:

Tunisia:?:
We went to Cape Verde in January 4 years ago. The weather was patchy unfortunately. Lots of cloud, bit of wind, circa 24 degrees, OK for me but not great for my wife

We went to Fuetaventura January gone and it was far worse. A bit rain, loads of cloud, very windy and very low 20's and cold at night.

It's a bit of a lottery. I've been to the Canaries in December and landed lucky a couple of times.

It's usually a lot cheaper to fly from Manchester even allowing for the petrol and parking.

Toying with the idea of going away for new year for a week. Suggestions for somewhere that’s decent weather and won’t bankrupt me? Already spent far too much on holidays for one year :confused:
Look at Manchester, much cheaper and less than a 3 hour drive.

I fly from Manchester on boxing day to pick up a cruise in Jamaica. No school age kids or mortgage, you can't take it with you!

Toying with the idea of going away for new year for a week. Suggestions for somewhere that’s decent weather and won’t bankrupt me? Already spent far too much on holidays for one year :confused:
Oh if only. We did a ridiculously cheap week in fuerteventura about 15 years ago it was tremendous. 23 by day bit of a nip in the air at night.
Resort was nowt flash but was only about 130 each all inclusive. Would love to do something similar again, enjoy.

Wish I’d never looked now, fly out tomorrow back Christmas Eve £75, 17-21 degrees and sunny every day.

Booked for Easter week, can’t wait love it there.
Im wary of Spain outside of summer months after me n kids spent a very wet and cold week there at Easter a couple years back
HIt and miss and luck of the draw and all that but I wouldn't risk it again

Im wary of Spain outside of summer months after me n kids spent a very wet and cold week there at Easter a couple years back
HIt and miss and luck of the draw and all that but I wouldn't risk it again

I must have been in Spain in the winter around 10 times and never had really bad weather. A couple of Christmas Days have been on the beach.

Worst I've had in southern Europe was a mid-winter break in Cyprus where it was freezing and wet all week and the hotel had no heating so I had to go to bed wearing my coat. Plus I got a grotty cold.

I must have been in Spain in the winter around 10 times and never had really bad weather. A couple of Christmas Days have been on the beach.

Worst I've had in southern Europe was a mid-winter break in Cyprus where it was freezing and wet all week and the hotel had no heating so I had to go to bed wearing my coat. Plus I got a grotty cold.
Yeah like I said its a bit of pot luck, ive been years ago with parents as a kid for xmas/NY and it was sunbathing weather!
Likewise, I did Cyprus in Oct 22 and it was boiling hot everyday!
Canaries your more of less guaranteed day time sunshine

Some holiday that :lol:

Some holiday that :lol:

Yeah, probably the worst trip in 30 years of grown-up travel

The other thing to bear in mind is that some resorts around the Med shutdown over the winter while others are active all year around. The Costa Del Sol is fine but parts of Mallorca are like ghost towns.

We are looking at Cyprus first week in January. Ridiculously low prices but our lass is twisting about it being cold at night
I was in Dubai a couple of years ago for NY and it was even coolish there on the night but lovely during the day obviously

I was in Dubai a couple of years ago for NY and it was even coolish there on the night but lovely during the day obviously

We did Turkey in late October a few years ago and it was 26 during the day but chilly on a night. We all bought snidey tops to wear on an evening

We are looking at Cyprus first week in January. Ridiculously low prices but our lass is twisting about it being cold at night

See my post above about Cyprus. If I'd wanted a week of cold and wet in Jan I could have gone to South Shields instead.

I don't mind having to wear a light fleece in the evening as long as there is some sunshine and warmth during the day but Cyprus was bad all week.

Back