Newcastle boss Alan Pardew basking in turn around as Gus Poyet faces tough test to reignite Sunderla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swear they don't know the distance between Sunderland and Newcastle, it's a different distance I'm every article

difference is that one or two bad results will have the badly spelt bedsheets out for Pardew, whereas, despite the best efforts of some on here, Poyet has a bit more stability behind him

Nee shit.
The article should really have been a Pardew and Lambert comparison, one 3 wins on the trot the other a new contract 5 defeats and without even scoring a goal.

I suppose it would be the same had it been the other way around and the reporter a Sunderland fan, both sad if you ask me.

Plenty of Sunderland fans dotted about the media, like. It's always the likes of Chris Hope, Martin Hardy and Simon Bird who refuse to hide their bias though. Their papers deserve a clip for indulging them too. Ensuring your writers are professional enough to leave their biases at home should be a top priority for any sports editor worth their salt.

Plenty of Sunderland fans dotted about the media, like. It's always the likes of Chris Hope, Martin Hardy and Simon Bird who refuse to hide their bias though. Their papers deserve a clip for indulging them too. Ensuring your writers are professional enough to leave their biases at home should be a top priority for any sports editor worth their salt.
Poy8

Totally agree with the point.

I managed to watch most of the pre-season game, and it was plain to see, we scored one goal on the Portugal tour ( a pen) plus apart from the part-time Darlo side at Bishop we couldn't hit a barn door and whats worse we weren't even missing chances as we weren't creating any, we've got no pace, no out ball when we are under pressure
Irrespective of what the Mags are doing, the above is still quite true. In nine Premiership games we've scored only eight goals regardless of goal difference. The problem with scoring goals has been known for years but the fact is Poyet, Congerton and Short have done nothing at all about it. It's no surprise that, year on year, the teams that win the Premiership tend to be those that score most and concede least.

The problem, as I see it, is that Poyet is trying to replicate what he did previously having bought defensive minded players and playing not to lose. If that is the case I cannot see us doing anything but surviving in the lower reaches of the Premiership year on year.

Some people cant see the bigger picture.

As we all know in football as soon as you get complacent you will get a massive kick right in the stots. Some of the more successful clubs must surely play on NE football complacency.

Makes me laugh when one of our teams wins a game, or maybe two and then everyone sits back, thinks "thats it" and promptly goes on a losing streak. I stand to be corrected here but didnt the Skunks win 6 games off the belt last year then promptly fall apart?

He has achieved nothing yet and anyone who thinks he has is off their heads and doesnt understand football.

even Pardew appears to have been suckered into that whole thing; telling the press he 'does know what he's doing' and then announcing he already knows Liverpool's team and how they'll play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back