next signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was hopeful we'd get another player in for the United game but looking unlikely now.

Borini will be the next signing when he gets it into his heed that he won't be near the Liverpool first team

Nowt happening before deadline day IMO.

Congerton said he thinks a lot will be done around Deadline Day. I just hope he is not heaping too much pressure on himself!

I'm convinced the penny will drop with Borini sooner or later though

Hopefully wrong but it looks like at the moment nothings going to get over the line, couple of desperation loans 1st september.

Maybe it already has. The club wouldn't come out and hold a press conference or anything to announce we're not signing him.

The main problem is Gus, who normally can't keep his gob shut about anything, has gone really quiet on him on the last week

Congerton said he thinks a lot will be done around Deadline Day. I just hope he is not heaping too much pressure on himself!

Basket eggs etc.

Me too, watching highlights of the football every weekend know in he can make his own moments every week or be stuck on liverpools bench (if that).

Nick Barnes (BBC Newcastle) tweeted this morning that Borini deal looking less and less likely. He's under the impression it's going to be the loan market for us now.

I think even without any more signings we have a competitive first XI - what we lack is cover, particularly in defence. We don't really have a plan B either, but I'd be surprised if any signings were made before the weekend - I only hope one of Virgini or Jones are available for the Manure game, and we don't get injuries to either O'Shea or Brown.

Nick Barnes (BBC Newcastle) tweeted this morning that Borini deal looking less and less likely. He's under the impression it's going to be the loan market for us now.

I think the club have been briefing that the Borini deal looks less likely for a while now, I've noticed a change in tone from some of the local media guys. Gone from 'hopeful' to 'looking at alternatives' in the last week, plus they've obviously got Gus to change his tone as well, less gushing optimism and a lot more realistic.

I fear for some on here,including myself,but,the way it's shaping up,looks increasingly like a very busy deadline day. If that's so,let's hope Congerton has done his homework!!

I think the club have been briefing that the Borini deal looks less likely for a while now, I've noticed a change in tone from some of the local media guys. Gone from 'hopeful' to 'looking at alternatives' in the last week, plus they've obviously got Gus to change his tone as well, less gushing optimism and a lot more realistic.

Agreed. The thing is I think we still need a minimum of four players. I was totally behind the policy of buying players with premier league experience but even that looks less likely. Last summers transfer policy showed the risk of getting players from abroad on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back