Pawn Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelford_safc

Striker
Just how bad has this become? I used to love the first few seasons when some genuinely interesting items came into the shop. Fast forward to now and you just get all this forced and fake scenarios to help fill some air time. They even buy items now just for show so that fat pleb chumlee can break. I used to love it when someone brought in a decent gun or rifle but the items being brought in also seem to be getting worse.

Just how bad has this become? I used to love the first few seasons when some genuinely interesting items came into the shop. Fast forward to now and you just get all this forced and fake scenarios to help fill some air time. They even buy items now just for show so that fat pleb chumlee can break. I used to love it when someone brought in a decent gun or rifle but the items being brought in also seem to be getting worse.

It's called trash television marra..A good idea turns to shit after two seasons..Think about it how many civil wars guns can you bring into the shop and still make it look interesting ?

It's called trash television marra..A good idea turns to shit after two seasons..Think about it how many civil wars guns can you bring into the shop and still make it look interesting ?
True. Genuinely enjoyed them kind of items coming into the shop. It's been about 5 seasons since I've seen anything worth over 20,000 come in but then again the 'buddies' he calls down are getting worse for low balling the customer in Ricks favour.

True. Genuinely enjoyed them kind of items coming into the shop. It's been about 5 seasons since I've seen anything worth over 20,000 come in but then again the 'buddies' he calls down are getting worse for low balling the customer in Ricks favour.

I tried watching the quiz show they did, it was proper shit and the bloke who was fronting it I could have happily shot with one of those flintlocks

I tried watching the quiz show they did, it was proper shit and the bloke who was fronting it I could have happily shot with one of those flintlocks
I watched one episode. Cringed the whole way through. Awful presenter, contestants were odd as fuck, the audience were sheep and it was obvious the makers of the show were paying Rick for his unwanted tat. So why bother?

I watched one episode. Cringed the whole way through. Awful presenter, contestants were odd as fuck, the audience were sheep and it was obvious the makers of the show were paying Rick for his unwanted tat. So why bother?

Again mate..TV company's jumping on the back of a good idea..shame as it was a good concept

I popped into the shop during the summer. It smells, most of the stuff on display is absolute junk and the back half of the shop that you don't see on TV is where they sell Pawn Star t shirts, mugs, fridge magnets etc. none of the family or Chum were there, not that I was surprised at this.

For anyone that ends up in Vegas and wants to go there, just go up the strip, once you get to the Stratosphere it's about 15 mins walk/ 2 mins in the car straight up the road.

Can be hilarious in its unscripted moments. Big Hoss is dry as fuck and when the Old Man starts laughing it's infectious.
Chum is remarkably quickwitted for a dim heid like.

Again mate..TV company's jumping on the back of a good idea..shame as it was a good concept
The U.K. one was awful as well. Same as the episode Rick goes to see his 'mates' UK shop. It was obvious they'd never met and it was a shameful advertising attempt.

The U.K. one was awful as well. Same as the episode Rick goes to see his 'mates' UK shop. It was obvious they'd never met and it was a shameful advertising attempt.

Never seen that one as I didn't bother with the UK or SA ones..sounds like I was right :lol:

Never seen that one as I didn't bother with the UK or SA ones..sounds like I was right :lol:
The Pawn Stars tie in episode was shameful. Rick goes to London to see his 'buddy' that runs the Pawn Stars UK shop. When he gets to England his tour guide is a tall skinny Chumlee that doesn't have a drivers lisence. They get to the shop and do some shit deals. It's awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back