Pawn Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great show - the best of its genre along with storage wars.

Unfortunately in both cases they became victims of their own success where the characters didn't enhance the storyline - they became the storyline.

Great show - the best of its genre along with storage wars.

Unfortunately in both cases they became victims of their own success where the characters didn't enhance the storyline - they became the storyline.

Prefer Power & Ice, Ice Road Truckers, Bering Sea Gold and Gold Rush myself.

Auction Hunters is better then Storage Wars

Also the sean kelly is a ment to be a professional comedian so that shows how set up it is

Best bit was when this woman wanted $800 for a brooch so Rick takes a look and tells her it might be worth a lot more because he thinks it's a Faberge. One of his pals comes in to confirm it is a Faberge and values it at $20-25k. Rick offers her $16k and she says something like "I'd prefer $20k". Ricks face was a picture ... he was looking at her in disbelief and you could almost read his mind thinking ' you f***ing ungrateful bitch, I've just offered you $15k more than you asked for ....':lol::lol:

Its like that hardcore pawn,all of them irritating and obviously staged,I'm not surprised as the producer was him that did springer show - cue the fights and women taking their tops off etc

Rick brought a book out. Was pretty good.

Old man was a hardass. Big Hoss was hooked on booze and drugs.

They had to fight hard to get what they have. Rick had an idea for the show then boom.

Interesting thing was Whole thing has been staged since day one. Nevada law doesn't allow filming of pawnbrokers. As soon as filming started they all had to stop working

Rick brought a book out. Was pretty good.

Old man was a hardass. Big Hoss was hooked on booze and drugs.

They had to fight hard to get what they have. Rick had an idea for the show then boom.

Interesting thing was Whole thing has been staged since day one. Nevada law doesn't allow filming of pawnbrokers. As soon as filming started they all had to stop working

Also sure I read that rick
loves stuff about the British army/navy? and has books about them not sure if I've got that right

I popped into the shop during the summer. It smells, most of the stuff on display is absolute junk and the back half of the shop that you don't see on TV is where they sell Pawn Star t shirts, mugs, fridge magnets etc. none of the family or Chum were there, not that I was surprised at this.

For anyone that ends up in Vegas and wants to go there, just go up the strip, once you get to the Stratosphere it's about 15 mins walk/ 2 mins in the car straight up the road.
That side was built just for the show I believe. When I first went (2008 iirc) I'm sure I went to the other door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back