Physical activity has little role in tackling obesity

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love nuts, but they're high in fat / calories.

Yes they are but......!

It's a different type of fat compared to the saturated fat on snacks like crisps. Your body does need some fat everyday and nuts are classed as a healthy fat. They also have protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals in, so overall they are nutritionally superior to crisps. Nuts have a low GI, so the energy is released slowly. This makes you feel fuller longer and prevents the blood sugar spikes that make you crave crisps/sweets etc.

I have nuts every morning in my muesli. That keeps me going until lunchtime, whereas with toast or a sugary cereal, I'd be feeling hungry again by mid-morning.

Definitely worth reading some more about and giving them a go. Make sure you buy plain nuts as coatings/flavourings add junk calories and weigh out a portion a few times until you can guesstimate it.

Yes they are but......!

It's a different type of fat compared to the saturated fat on snacks like crisps. Your body does need some fat everyday and nuts are classed as a healthy fat. They also have protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals in, so overall they are nutritionally superior to crisps. Nuts have a low GI, so the energy is released slowly. This makes you feel fuller longer and prevents the blood sugar spikes that make you crave crisps/sweets etc.

I have nuts every morning in my muesli. That keeps me going until lunchtime, whereas with toast or a sugary cereal, I'd be feeling hungry again by mid-morning.

Definitely worth reading some more about and giving them a go. Make sure you buy plain nuts as coatings/flavourings add junk calories and weigh out a portion a few times until you can guesstimate it.
Thanks becs xx

Yes they are but......!

Fnarr fnarr!

Apologies for mocking a very good post btw - but I couldn't resist it!

No, I meant in general, don't you have some kind of long running thing going on with her?

I don't think so, beyond what I've said.

Maybe she would disagree but I don't think she would have any reason to do that, because I've never been insulting and only ever said what I felt to be the right thing for her.

Why don't you go on the depression thread and tell everyone on there to man the fuck up aswell

Please don't get me started on that, I've deliberately steered clear of that thread and any others, of a similar nature, since I joined the board for (I think) obvious reasons!

;)

Maybe she would disagree but I don't think she would have any reason to do that, because I've never been insulting and only ever said what I felt to be the right thing for her.

Please don't get me started on that, I've deliberately steered clear of that thread and any others, of a similar nature, since I joined the board for (I think) obvious reasons!

;)

I'll say no more then

Sorry mate, I think I must have you mixed up with someone else.

I've never been interested in walking/running as a form of exercise, always preferring something more reaction based (foofball/squash would be two good examples) but for the past 3 years I've had a problem that would prevent me doing that, even if I wished to!

I dunno how old you are, but the older you get the less impact based exercise you should do. I rarely run now and have no interest in it, it's asking for trouble.

Yes they are but......!

Most crisps are fairly low in saturated fat these days.

Well done mate, you're doing well keeping yourself fit at that age, especially in the sun, I wouldn't overdo it though!!

I try not to, ;) but (as I said) I would not class myself as fit (in the conventionally accepted sense) and need to do some work on that.

Don't go out in the sun much, if I can avoid it, so still have skin like a babies bum, not a wrinkled old prune!

Fit (as in fanciable) is not for me to say but I've never had a problem in that area (handsome beast that I am :cool:).

:lol:

I figure I burn about 100 calories masturbating, so while I am doing that I eat a small packet of crisps. It's efficient and I don't put on weight.

:lol:

Bad for the joints mate, seriously. Cross trainer for me (when available) and medium / light weigh training.

You're getting more technical on me than I can understand.

Last edited:
It makes perfect sense.

Exercise can help buy it will never have the same impact as diet.

A Snickers is what, 250-300 calories? That would probably take over half an hour on a treadmill, for one Snickers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back