Roker End Display Update

Weve been critical but fair in the past I think, so only right to praise him when it’s due. He’s been engaging and positive in recent discussions.

Well done for standing your ground mate. What measures are in place for when the inevitable does happen and someone throws a really dangerous piece of paper at someone else? Or what are SO37/the club doing to help prevent it happening?

Well done for standing your ground mate. What measures are in place for when the inevitable does happen and someone throws a really dangerous piece of paper at someone else? Or what are SO37/the club doing to help prevent it happening?

We’re using a different material so if you scrunch it up and try to throw it, it just goes back to the original shape and doesn’t go far.

We submitted a sample of the material to the safety team who did trials with it and approved it.

It’s not the material that we used once last season that was referred to as “quality street wrappers”. That was a fuck up from us. It’s what all the European clubs use.

Is it only back for this fixture, or allowed for any match you want now (assuming thousands are not thrown at Birmingham players or something)
We’re using a different material so if you scrunch it up and try to throw it, it just goes back to the original shape and doesn’t go far.

We submitted a sample of the material to the safety team who did trials with it and approved it.

It’s not the material that we used once last season that was referred to as “quality street wrappers”. That was a fuck up from us. It’s what all the European clubs use.
European clubs use the quality street wrappers, or the new one for Birmingham?

Is it only back for this fixture, or allowed for any match you want now (assuming thousands are not thrown at Birmingham players or something)

European clubs use the quality street wrappers, or the new one for Birmingham?

Provided this one goes well, I can’t see any reason that it won’t be more in the future. Hopefully people have realised the consequences of throwing things, but neither the club or us can control the actions of individuals. We can only hope that people are grown up about it.

European clubs use what we call banner material. It’s the same material that we make the home made banners out of at the front of the stand on certain fixtures, that is pre-cut into individual sheets.

The quality street wrapper stuff is also used by European clubs, but they use much bigger sheets than we had.

Provided this one goes well, I can’t see any reason that it won’t be more in the future. Hopefully people have realised the consequences of throwing things, but neither the club or us can control the actions of individuals. We can only hope that people are grown up about it.

European clubs use what we call banner material. It’s the same material that we make the home made banners out of at the front of the stand on certain fixtures, that is pre-cut into individual sheets.

The quality street wrapper stuff is also used by European clubs, but they use much bigger sheets than we had.
Good luck mate, I think the displays are great

Best of luck with that.

Back