Shteeeveee Gee's Farewell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couldn't give a fuck to be honest, great player over the years, one of the best English players ever IMO, deserves the media attention he gets

Great player for a couple of years, not been one for a number of years. Has far too much influence at Liverpool as well.

Thank fuck we're not going to have to hear about it being in the cup final on his birthday any more.

But I suspect that his final home game will now get more publicity and media coverage than the Queen Mothers funeral !!!!

Roll on the end of the season when this horrible scouse kernt fucks off to the States !!!

Or, as the rumour goes, a back door type Lampard move to Man City. Don't count your chickens just yet.

Couldn't give a fuck to be honest, great player over the years, one of the best English players ever IMO, deserves the media attention he gets

I think he was a great player, and i'm all for giving people praise.

But the farewell bandwagon has definitely gone over the top, his final merseyside derby, his final game against Man Utd, not to mention the whole, its his birthday day on the FA Cup Final day, like the cup final is the equivalent of the Funshack that his parents can book out for the day.

Good player, occasionally brilliant, but never World Class in a month of sundays. Turned round one game single handedly at the top level in his entire career.

No better now than he was when he first broke into the Liverpool team. The English disease - hype and laziness.

Good player, occasionally brilliant, but never World Class in a month of sundays. Turned round one game single handedly at the top level in his entire career.

No better now than he was when he first broke into the Liverpool team. The English disease - hype and laziness.

:lol:

Arguably the best midfielder in the world circa 2005.

The FA Cup Final v West Ham?

:lol:

Arguably the best midfielder in the world circa 2005.

He only looked top class when he had someone tactically aware around him - Hamann and Alonso spring to mind, covering for his headless chickening. Him and Lampard should have been the dream ticket for England's midfield but they spent ten years getting in each other's way when all it would have taken is the awareness to say 'I'll go you stay' every now and again.

Showed what a player he was. He was a top class player.

Didn't produce it often enough for me. Never learned a thing, proven by the fact he's becoming less and less effective as his legs have been going. While the likes of Pirlo, who he was miles better than when they were both early 20s, continued to learn and improve and change style to maintain his effectiveness.

He only looked top class when he had someone tactically aware around him - Hamann and Alonso spring to mind, covering for his headless chickening. Him and Lampard should have been the dream ticket for England's midfield but they spent ten years getting in each other's way when all it would have taken is the awareness to say 'I'll go you stay' every now and again.
That was the problem, they both could neither play their natural game, why would any manager pick either of them and expect one of them to curb their game?

Thats the fault of the bloke in charge of the side, not the players.

Didn't produce it often enough for me. Never learned a thing, proven by the fact he's becoming less and less effective as his legs have been going. While the likes of Pirlo, who he was miles better than when they were both early 20s, continued to learn and improve and change style to maintain his effectiveness.
He was fantastic last season for Liverpool in the holding role. Obviously I don't expect you to acknowledge that.

That was the problem, they both could neither play their natural game, why would any manager pick either of them and expect one of them to curb their game?

Thats the fault of the bloke in charge of the side, not the players.

Because it's a team game? Not surprising that ego plays a part mind, cause England leads the world in breeding lads who think they're far better than they actually are.

Because it's a team game? Not surprising that ego plays a part mind, cause England leads the world in breeding lads who think they're far better than they actually are.
and its the managers job to build a functioning side. Not play two attack minded central midfielders and get one to sit.

I'm sure you realise that.

He was fantastic last season for Liverpool in the holding role. Obviously I don't expect you to acknowledge that.

And yet he's fallen out with the manager who on the face of it looked to have given him a new lease of life by getting lads around him to do the leg work. Presumably because he didn't make him the main man any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back