Shteeeveee Gee's Farewell

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Totally irrelevant

Not really, it demonstrates the gigantic ego at work. I'm StevieGWorldClassPlayerTM, I run all over the pitch as I see fit and to hell with the consequences for the team.

He only looked top class when he had someone tactically aware around him - Hamann and Alonso spring to mind, covering for his headless chickening. Him and Lampard should have been the dream ticket for England's midfield but they spent ten years getting in each other's way when all it would have taken is the awareness to say 'I'll go you stay' every now and again.

A lot of top class players look better with players they are familiar with. Xavi and Iniesta became truly world class when paired with Busquets. Zidane was the first player to speak out against Makelele being sold from Madrid. Alonso allowed Gerrard to be what he was. A brilliant box to box midfielder. He could do it all.

I'm not entirely sure you mean any of this, surely nee fucker can be this thick?

Some people are willing to write off a players entire career because they singlehandedly didn't win England the world cup. Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney all fall into this.

Some people are willing to write off a players entire career because they singlehandedly didn't win England the world cup. Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney all fall into this.
The stick Rooney gets is hideous, going to be record goalscorer and record cap holder yet some (one in particular) will deem him a failure :lol:

As you're now retreating to the usual insults, I'm out.

Retreating?

It's failure to fulfil massive potential that's my line in the sand. Applies to all three you mentioned, and a few more since - they look unbelievable prospects when they first break into teams but then grind to a halt once the money and the hype kick in. The problem is with both the game itself and the players - the game gives them too much too early, and the players aren't clever enough (when you're on thousands of pounds a week as a teenager who needs school?) to realise that getting in the team isn't the end of the road when it comes to learning your trade.

Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney should have been up there with the top players in the world. The closest they got in reality was being in the same advert.

It's failure to fulfil massive potential that's my line in the sand. Applies to all three you mentioned, and a few more since - they look unbelievable prospects when they first break into teams but then grind to a halt once the money and the hype kick in. The problem is with both the game itself and the players - the game gives them too much too early, and the players aren't clever enough (when you're on thousands of pounds a week as a teenager who needs school?) to realise that getting in the team isn't the end of the road when it comes to learning your trade.

Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney should have been up there with the top players in the world. The closest they got in reality was being in the same advert.

All three of them have won the champions league and been key players doing it. They all have been in their careers (Rooney still is) world class players. They've all had good international careers as well. Rooney's has been excellent. Literally in all three cases the only thing missing from their honours list is a major international trophy and for some reason people use that to disregard everything else they have achieved.

Edit - Gerrard, aye he's mssing the premier league but we all know he could have easily moved club and won it.

Frank Lampard :- Over 400 appearances fro Chelsea, record Goal scorer for them, 3 premier league titles, 4 FA Cups, 2 League Cups, 1 Europa League, 1 Champions League.
Wayne Rooney :- Over 300 appearances for Man Utd, over 200 goals, 5 Premier League titles, 1 Champions League, 2 League Cup wins, 1 World Club win, over 100 England caps, 3rd highest goal scorer.

Failed to fulfil potential :lol:

The best attacking midfielder of Gerrard's generation was Paul Scholes.

He couldnt get into the England team for Gerrard and Lampard and when he did the billy bighead Gerrard always wanted to be top dog.

What a load of shit, blame the manager picking the side.
Erickson should have had the balls to drop Gerrard and built a side around scholes.

Gerrard alaways wanted to be the main man but Scholes was by far the best footballer thats why he won numerous premier league titles to Gerrards 0.

Erickson should have had the balls to drop Gerrard and built a side around scholes.

Gerrard alaways wanted to be the main man but Scholes was by far the best footballer thats why he won numerous premier league titles to Gerrards 0.
Scholes was top class, as was Gerrard. As was Lampard. We were blessed with 3 top class attacking midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back