Stoke's defensive record

Status
Not open for further replies.

A point against Stoke in the long run may well turn out to be a good result, however when you look at our run of games over the next month or so, 3 points and maybe more importantly, back to back wins, does seem to be vitally important and would change the outlook of the relegation battle slightly.
Really got to beat Stoke & Watford at home to still be with in with a fighting chance after Christmas 17/20 points at the turn of the year would be bloody brilliant

Beat Stoke & Watford & a surprise result v one of the big boys would Dee nicely

Love to be on 20 points come 2016

Really got to beat Stoke & Watford at home to still be with in with a fighting chance after Christmas 17/20 points at the turn of the year would be bloody brilliant

Beat Stoke & Watford & a surprise result v one of the big boys would Dee nicely

Love to be on 20 points come 2016

20 points would need us to beat those two, one of the big boys and get a couple of points elsewhere, of course. Realistically, if we're on 16 or 17 points after December 28th, we'll have done okay from tomorrow/December, anything above would be a major bonus. That should also keep us in touch. The others down there have some tricky fixtures also or else meet each other. Watford have a big influence at the bottom with Villa then Norwich then us in the next three. Could see themselves dragged into it or almost safe with a tough run after those games.

Draw against Stoke, beat Watford and a draw against Liverpool and we'll be alright with the fixtures coming up after Liverpool

A point against Stoke in the long run may well turn out to be a good result, however when you look at our run of games over the next month or so, 3 points and maybe more importantly, back to back wins, does seem to be vitally important and would change the outlook of the relegation battle slightly.

My thoughts as well. I'm at least looking forward to it more now than I was before Monday's result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back