Sunderland and Ipswich in for Blackburn's Sam Gallagher

They have no chance getting that for him in the last 6 months of contract. & their manger doesn’t rate him be lucky to get £500k
Probably on very thin ice now that Tommason
We once broke our transfer record fee for a 29 year old who "wasn't prolific" and was a "donkey". He save the club twice, one on the pitch and again off it. Not every signing should be measured in what money we can get back but in what value they give to the club.
Aye and not forgetting said 29 year old copped a nasty injury and was out for months not long after arriving

Last edited:

He’s crap seen him play on several occasions never once been impressed we have 4 suspect centre forwards don’t see the need to add him as a 5th. Especially if the 2.5 million fee is accurate
Not saying he's the answer, merely that people right off players simply due to their age as its fashionable to favour only youth. Little known fact on here, some young players are poor and/or don't improve.
Probably on very thin ice now that Tommason

Aye and not forgetting said 29 year old copped a nasty injury and was out for months not long after arriving
Which has happened to how many of our young fit signings?

28 years old and has only scored 10 goals in the league once in his career.

Big bugger though.
I’m not advocating the signing, because I know very little about him, but are we looking at the type of player rather than signing a goalscorer? Due to the way we play, are we looking for someone to play off & chip in, rather than get 20 goals?

I’m not advocating the signing, because I know very little about him, but are we looking at the type of player rather than signing a goalscorer? Due to the way we play, are we looking for someone to play off & chip in, rather than get 20 goals?
We need a goalscorer because hardly anybody else scores apart from Clarke.

So you want us to break ffp by spending over the odds on a player, FFP is brutal in this league and a proven goal scorer will not come cheap
So, we can't sign a striker now then....we're fucked. We're the only club in the whole of the country where we will break the rules by signing a striker....may aswel pack in now eh??
Me personally i think the problem is speakman not a very good as a DOF
You want a goalscorer but KLD wont give Speakman the money to buy one. ...what is Speakman supposed to do then?

Last edited:
So, we can't sign a striker now then....we're fucked. We're the only club in the whole of the country where we will break the rules by signing a striker....may aswel pack in now eh??

You want a goalscorer but KLD wont give Speakman the money to buy one. ...what is Speakman supposed to do then?
Don’t go waste the bit money we have on three unproven players from abroad

Last edited:

How much do you think this experienced striker will cost us in January? remember the grigg situation where we kept having to throw more and more money as clubs just don't want to sell.

How much do you think this experienced striker will cost us in January? remember the grigg situation where we kept having to throw more and more money as clubs just don't want to sell.
....so what are you saying?? We shouldn't go out and sign a striker then?? Griigg has gone man, let it go. Different time, different ownership.

If you just go off simms & cannon probably £6-8 million
Yea but that's in the summer , also I think a different situation as Everton were trying to free up money so we're OK with youngsters going.

Think you can probably estimate at least 10 million in January

Back