Sunderland Beach House

Status
Not open for further replies.

I mean being required by law to be able to say that what it contains not what it may contain

Legislation comes into force in January where all catering establishments must have a full breakdown of what is in each dish and where it was sourced with full traceability.
Many pubs/restaurants where a chef can knock up a dish with a one off sauce/roux just will not be allowed.
Complete pain in the arse as Iwould probably do 2-3 different sauces without any spec each week. Obviously dependant on
What I put on the specials board.
Pleased I'm getting out of the industry in 14 days

Rather than me wade through 14 pages of comments can anyone actually recommend this place? I've read the review regarding out of date Pepsi but would appreciate any views of the SMB as I'm back in Sunderland tomorrow and would like to know if it's worth a visit.

Am gonna go then come on here and say it was mint.
Bet ya dinnit.

Went today with our lass. I had a burger, she had Caesar salad.

Burger came with a bowl of coleslaw, a paper pot of salsa and for some reason some English mustard. I'm glad it had some wet accompaniments as it was cooked within an inch of its life and was dry as sticks. Chips as mentioned earlier were anaemic and a few were slightly hard.

The chicken on the salad was also bone dry. I'm sure it was the pre cooked breast just chopped up.

Nice place though, and will be a nice view once the scaffolding is gone, but I doubt I'll go back.

4.9/10

Bet ya dinnit.

Went today with our lass. I had a burger, she had Caesar salad.

Burger came with a bowl of coleslaw, a paper pot of salsa and for some reason some English mustard. I'm glad it had some wet accompaniments as it was cooked within an inch of its life and was dry as sticks. Chips as mentioned earlier were anaemic and a few were slightly hard.

The chicken on the salad was also bone dry. I'm sure it was the pre cooked breast just chopped up.

Nice place though, and will be a nice view once the scaffolding is gone, but I doubt I'll go back.

4.9/10

Maybe not then. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back