Sunderland consider Danny Welbeck from Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd be really happy to have Welbeck here again. He was excellent last time and he's a better player now than he was then

Can't see him coming here though, he's much higher up the pecking order at Man U than Borini is at Liverpool

Welbeck is a quality player, though he still clings to the striker moniker for some reason, the lad is an attacking midfielder, which is where he first played for Utd, when he scored that superb goal in the FA Cup all these years ago. He has a hell of an engine on him, can strike from distance and also gets in the box. He tracks back and was Fergies go to guy for man marking. Sounds like the ideal candidate for Gus' left side.

Would be a great signing. Him and Borini would make selling Fletch and Wickham a worthwhile gamble. Very unlikely to happen though.

stinks of daily fail that article though. I'd love it, but they offer no source and use too many ambiguities. Probably heard about it on here; they've done it before! Also, people keep writing that Borini is undecided on his future, when there is absolutely no proof that that is the case. I admit it's possible, but it shouldn't be expressed as fact.

I like him as he has a touch of class and he works like a ... Well he works had.

Carrick, Fellaini, Fletcher & Cleverley got 1 assist between them all season but I'd have any of them here despite not getting many assists in a better team last season.

Do you really not think he's good enough for Sunderland, or do you mean you wouldn't sign him at that price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back