The 70s

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the 70's alone we had Glam , Heavy Metal, Punk and Disco all within a 10 year period. What distinct types of music did the Noughties give us ?

Not a lot admittedly but mainly stuff like Dubstep/Future garage etc. I'm not sure why but just seemed like a depressing decade to me in the UK at least.

The 70s n 80s were great decades to be kids , everybody was outdoors then, pre Internet and mobiles , much more care free attitude .
Loved my youth round Barnes park n round bus station and the Lesh

Not a lot admittedly but mainly stuff like Dubstep/Future garage etc. I'm not sure why but just seemed like a depressing decade to me in the UK at least.

There were lots of depressing things but in the 70s if you left school and got a job it would most likely be 40 hours a week in a manual job or an office.No "Zero Hours". If you went to university there'd be no fees.
If you didn't get a job you wouldn't be hauled in by the Dole Office and sanctioned, they'd just ask if you were trying to find a job.
In 1979 if I wanted to spend a day in London I just went to the station and got an Awayday return which I think was £17. I went on the overnight trains from Newcastle and got the overnight back from London. There was no bollox about "do you want a super super advanced ticket , Virgin East Coast or Grand Central" just "gimme a young persons return".

Oh aye. Didn't start till 11 am on a Sunday, Shoot, followed by Farming Outlook, and then Songs of Praise followed by some costume drama like The Onedin Line. Only three channels. A bit religion then the National Anthem and the disappearing white dot at 11.00 pm. Topper.

Like any decade there were a few decent things about the seventies (Bowie, Faces, some of the better punk bands, the summer of 76) but most of my memory of it was shite. Tragic fashions, union unrest, shite weather, power cuts, huge unemployment, industries winding down, and loads and loads of boredom. Trawling the streets and Barnes Park looking for things to do.
I've got hundreds of TV channels now but can never find anything decent to watch. There was always something decent on back in the seventies regardless of only having three channels.
I enjoyed life back then much more than I do today and the fashions were fine at the time. Good music, good beer in crowded pubs and at a reasonable price. I went out last night and paid 3 quid for a pint in a dead pub that would have been heaving in the seventies
Most of those negatives you mention have happened in every decade since the seventies and will carry on happening. The seventies were very memorable unlike the tennies or whatever we call the current decade. Terrorism, greed and bent politicians, are three things that I'll look back and remember from these days. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll try and think of some positives.

I'm still arnly a nipper now man.
Have another look.

I've got hundreds of TV channels now but can never find anything decent to watch. There was always something decent on back in the seventies regardless of only having three channels.
I enjoyed life back then much more than I do today and the fashions were fine at the time. Good music, good beer in crowded pubs and at a reasonable price. I went out last night and paid 3 quid for a pint in a dead pub that would have been heaving in the seventies
Most of those negatives you mention have happened in every decade since the seventies and will carry on happening. The seventies were very memorable unlike the tennies or whatever we call the current decade. Terrorism, greed and bent politicians, are three things that I'll look back and remember from these days. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll try and think of some positives.
Reported for Homophobia.

Terrorism was all over the news in the seventies man

Carlos the Jackal
Munich
Baader-Meinhof
Aldo Morrow
Entebbe
Symbionese Liberation Army
PLO
IRA - Brighton, Guildford, Inniskillern etc

Brilliant decade.

Music was class and the football match experience was class.

On the Move was for deaf people, not thickos.

Got the bastard tune stuck in me head now.

From wiki:

On The Move was a television series made by the BBC and first broadcast in 1975 and 1976 in 50 ten-minute episodes.[1] It was an educational programme aimed at adults with literacy problems, and linked to a national campaign at the time. It was credited with removing some of the stigma attached to illiteracy.

Say it slowly and break it down: "I apo - lo - gise";)

On the move
On the move
We're on our way again
Every day
Something new
For us to say again
Life is an open book
If you open your eyes and look
So let's keep it moviiiiiiiiing!

From wiki:

On The Move was a television series made by the BBC and first broadcast in 1975 and 1976 in 50 ten-minute episodes.[1] It was an educational programme aimed at adults with literacy problems, and linked to a national campaign at the time. It was credited with removing some of the stigma attached to illiteracy.

Say it slowly and break it down: "I apo - lo - gise";)

On the move
On the move
We're on our way again
Every day
Something new
For us to say again
Life is an open book
If you open your eyes and look
So let's keep it moviiiiiiiiing!

Ok, you're right, it was for fuckwits.

Time can play tricks on the old brain.

Women had pubic hair in the 70s n all. I've seen the videos