The Crown

maygo

Winger
Unsure if there’s already been a thread about this, but I am hooked on this show. I know it’s fiction, but the peek into royal life is fascinating.
And princess Margaret- massive wad
9/10 would heartily recommend

Not for the Royalists tbh, they take a bit of a kicking overall. Enjoyed it, it was a modern history of Britain, from a different angle. Cleverly done, I thought it would just be about Royalty and of little interest.

The Aberfan one was chilling, and brilliantly done.

Fun fact. There were some scenes in set in Washington DC in the 60s in the last season or two that I watched them film outside the Liver building in Liverpool. They dressed the buildings and streets up outside with fire hydrants and stuff looked class.

There was also a coach load of pensioners from Carlisle Tours went through one of the shots - the cameramen were pissing themselves

Last edited:
Best British drama ever by a country mile
Everything single thing about it is superb.

the first 2 seasons ( Foy / Smith ) are untouchable.

anybody who hasn’t seen it needs to drop what they’re doing and watch it now.

PS, I’m a card carrying republican so certainly not biased at all
The Aberfan one was chilling, and brilliantly done.

Fun fact. There were some scenes in set in Washington DC in the 60s in the last season or two that I watched them film outside the Liver building in Liverpool. They dressed the buildings and streets up outside with fire hydrants and stuff looked class.

There was also a coach load of pensioners from Carlisle Tours went through one of the shots - the cameramen were pissing themselves

aberfan did me for weeks. So so sad and raised loads of questions in my own head as to how it happened ( not geographical more fate / religious shit ).
sich a harrowing tragic event.
RIP x

Last edited:
Is the lad that plays Andrew any good?
He isn't in it much. They do mention him liking the young uns though iirc.
Best British drama ever by a country mile
Everything single thing about it is superb.

the first 2 seasons ( Foy / Smith ) are untouchable.

anybody who hasn’t seen it needs to drop what they’re doing and watch it now.

PS, I’m a card carrying republican so certainly not biased at all

aberfan did me for weeks. So so sad and raised loads of questions in my own head as to how it happened ( not geographical more fate / religious shit ).
sich a harrowing tragic event.
RIP x
Loved Smith as Phillip but not keen on the replacment. Both Queens are class.

Last edited:
Fantastic viewing throughout. Took a while to warm to the new cast in series 3 but eventually warmed to them and enjoyed their performances just as much.

The actress who played Princess Margaret in the first two series was phenomenal. As is the actress playing Princess Anne in the latter two series. Not overly fond of Olivia Coleman playing Liz. Gillian Anderson as Maggie T - top drawer

The actress who played Princess Margaret in the first two series was phenomenal. As is the actress playing Princess Anne in the latter two series. Not overly fond of Olivia Coleman playing Liz. Gillian Anderson as Maggie T - top drawer
It was a massive head fuck looking at Thatcher and thinking WAD.

Back