The Crown

The Aberfan one was chilling, and brilliantly done.

Fun fact. There were some scenes in set in Washington DC in the 60s in the last season or two that I watched them film outside the Liver building in Liverpool. They dressed the buildings and streets up outside with fire hydrants and stuff looked class.

There was also a coach load of pensioners from Carlisle Tours went through one of the shots - the cameramen were pissing themselves
Some of the best eposodes are the ones that didnt feature the Royals as central characters, Aberfan being one, the ones featuring Lord Altrincham and Michael Fagan was a social commentary of those times

Some of the best eposodes are the ones that didnt feature the Royals as central characters, Aberfan being one, the ones featuring Lord Altrincham and Michael Fagan was a social commentary of those times

Fully agree and all the ones you mention were superb. The Aberfan story haunts me.

Watched the first two episodes of the new series earlier. Superb. The actress playing Princess Di is brilliant.

Boggles my mind that Princess Di was younger than I am now (38) when she passed away. Still remember watching the news that day. Utterly surreal.

Watched the first two episodes of the new series earlier. Superb. The actress playing Princess Di is brilliant.

Boggles my mind that Princess Di was younger than I am now (38) when she passed away. Still remember watching the news that day. Utterly surreal.
She was in The Night Manager and was very good as a troubled soul.

Back