The greatest live tour ever

So who is your pick and were you there to see it.?
I didnt see this tour live but there is no question in my mind that this Madonna tour totally changed the ball game in terms of live “performance” particularly for female pop acts.
No digital screens , very few vocal overdubs ….if you havnt seen this ….enjoy

So who is your pick and were you there to see it.?
I didnt see this tour live but there is no question in my mind that this Madonna tour totally changed the ball game in terms of live “performance” particularly for female pop acts.
No digital screens , very few vocal overdubs ….if you havnt seen this ….enjoy
It
She was incredible. And not a particularly strong vocalist. Absolute all rounder

Well, she was to the teenage me

Hawkwind - A Space Ritual Tour 1972/3 - Sunderland Locarno

No fancy production but volume levels capable of peeling wallpaper, dancers with tits and muffs out, unending strobe lights which after one hour was enough to make you doubt your own presence and sanity and a million incense sticks wafting enough sandalwood smoke to set off the Roker Fog horn in admiration.

RIP Lemmy

Born in the USA,
Steel wheels/Urban Jungle
Several Pink Floyd tours
Kraftwerk The Mix
But which one was the best ?
Hawkwind - A Space Ritual Tour 1972/3 - Sunderland Locarno

No fancy production but volume levels capable of peeling wallpaper, dancers with tits and muffs out, unending strobe lights which after one hour was enough to make you doubt your own presence and sanity and a million incense sticks wafting enough sandalwood smoke to set off the Roker Fog horn in admiration.

RIP Lemmy

Sounds like it was amazing !…

Last edited:
Tom Petty- Take The Highway tour.

At the top of his game and the theatrics of the show were usually self deprecating and funny. Most of all it was an amazing spectacle.

Not exactly a tour etc , but I recently watched all of the Superbowl half time shows and Madonna blew them all away including Prince, The Boss, Jacko, she paved the way for Gaga,Perry,Beyonce to do their stuff. It is an incredible bit of theatre for 13 mins in my opinion

Not exactly a tour etc , but I recently watched all of the Superbowl half time shows and Madonna blew them all away including Prince, The Boss, Jacko, she paved the way for Gaga,Perry,Beyonce to do their stuff. It is an incredible bit of theatre for 13 mins in my opinion
Millions would disagree, prince voted the best by most fans and critics. However everyone's taste are different.

Yep ….like i said in my opening post, she made the template for female artists with respect to touring

Back