The greatest live tour ever

Saw them at Knebworth but the sheer power had gone by then IMHO.

Led Zep MSG early 70s would have been my Nirvana.

One of those 1973 stadium shows looked immense, Kezar Stadium maybe. A great set list with tracks from Houses of the Holy being player live. Mind you one the good USA 1977 shows would have been some experience, the juggernaut had the accelerator to the floor and everything was a bit nuts at that point.

It was blond ambition for me. It was a spectacular show and luckily I was centre of the front barrier on the night radio 1 broadcast. She was massive at the time and as the op said paved the way for other artists who now put on shows. Would have liked to have seen queen with Freddie and obviously live aid.
Best singer was George Michael.

I'd have loved to see The Rolling Stones 70s tours with Mick Taylor in the band, they were relentless

...and Bobby Keys...1972

Last edited:
Tours I wish I'd seen:

Queen - Magic Tour 1986

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - River Tour 1980

The recently remastered footage from Bruce's 1979 No Nukes performance showed just what an incredible act they were in that era...

Pearl Jam touring in Summer 1992, epitomised by thelis Pinkpop festival performance...

Best Tours I have seen:

Prince - Earth Tour at the O2 Arena in London 2007

Tom Waits - Glitter and Doom Tour 2008, at The Edinburgh Playhouse. Absolutely unreal, don't think I'll ever top that one. Pop review: Tom Waits, Edinburgh Playhouse

Standouts for me for performance / spectacle

Prince Musicoogy 2004
Gabriel Secret World mid nineties
The Who at MSG 2002 not long after concert for 9/11

Back