The inside story on Advocaats exit (Chris Young haters might not want to read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the case of Borini it was also an easy way to say we'd spent money without actually spending anything. We just cancelled some of Liverpool's outstanding debt to us. Doing it on the cheap, as usual.

He's a good player but when the manager's first comment about your star signing starts with "they tell me he's...." it's a sure sign things are not working the way they should.

Christ, you talk some shite.

We chased him all last summer and everyone assumed it was because of Poyet.........then we chased him all this summer despite Poyet not being here.
I thought the crack was we signed Rodwell with the Borini money instead. Everyone had ruled out a deal for him, but Poyet.

Can't argue with any of it.

The whole club is a mess isn't it?

Short needs to get 'football people' in, be it Quinny or some one who has experience of working within a football environment. I'm not getting personal with some of the people on the board but it's clear they aren't doing things right. Which other club had had the number of managers we have had or the number of directors of football we have had in the last few years?

We need some kind of plan, be it a DOF and Head Coach or a Manager. But we can't just be short sighted. I'd genuinely rather we went down if we had a long term plan, rather than fire fighting each and every season.

Huge couple of weeks coming up.

Watford have had five in just over a year and seem to be doing ok......and they've signed twice as many players as we have.

In the case of Borini it was also an easy way to say we'd spent money without actually spending anything. We just cancelled some of Liverpool's outstanding debt to us. Doing it on the cheap, as usual.

He's a good player but when the manager's first comment about your star signing starts with "they tell me he's...." it's a sure sign things are not working the way they should.
Your assuming all of this, yes?

The club pull in over 40, 000 fans for the home games for a team that has been utter shit for about 5 years. We've watched as the players have regularly capitulated against far worse teams and nearly destroyed our faith in the club. And yet, it's the fans that are the butt of jokes on MotD when we simply can't bear to watch anymore and would rather be doing something else.

Imagine how many fans the club could attract if we were a boring mid table team, let alone one that actually won something.

Old boys out, new better players in......my guess is the usual suspects hoyed their toys about.

It'll always be a suspicion while this group of senior players are here. They may not be in the team but they're at 'work' all week.

I thought the crack was we signed Rodwell with the Borini money instead. Everyone had ruled out a deal for him, but Poyet.

Nope, we spunked the cash on Rodwell as he'd told us he wouldn't come on a permanent deal......instead we hung on all summer hoping for a loan then got Coates at the last minute when it didn't happen.

Nope, we spunked the cash on Rodwell as he'd told us he wouldn't come on a permanent deal......instead we hung on all summer hoping for a loan then got Coates at the last minute when it didn't happen.
Who told you all this, its very detailed.

Your assuming all of this, yes?

The quote from DA is available online, I can't remember which site I saw it on but it's a direct quote.

it's obvious he wasn't happy with the signings he got.

Who told you all this, its very detailed.

I was told by someone who's gotten other stuff spot on, and it certainly fits with what happened.

Us getting him in this summer despite our manager not knowing anything about him pretty much confirms it was LC who wanted him for me.

The quote from DA is available online, I can't remember which site I saw it on but it's a direct quote.

it's obvious he wasn't happy with the signings he got.

I was told by someone who's gotten other stuff spot on, and it certainly fits with what happened.

Us getting him in this summer despite our manager not knowing anything about him pretty much confirms it was LC who wanted him for me.
I was talking about the first paragraph. The one about writing the debt off to cover Borini's transfer fee.

Intresting Advocaat wanted a "Target man who could lead the line" not "an inside forward" would suggest he didn't want Borini.
And yet he sanctioned the sale of Wickham

I was talking about the first paragraph. The one about writing the debt off to cover Borini's transfer fee.

That's the bit I was told by someone who's gotten stuff right before. It also makes total sense when you factor in we are trying to avoid spending big fees.

Christ, you talk some shite.

Aye, whatever. The quote is from Advocaat.....sorry to burst your bubble.

Yep maybe Congerton isn't the baddie many have made him out to be, I suppose that's one of the dangers of apportioning blame when none of us really have any idea what's going on

We know what's going on to an extent.

We know that Short has stumped up a shit load of cash. Not free of course but in which world is there such a thing as something for nothing?

We know that Congerton arrived only in 2014, so hardly consistent with the constant failure at SAFC.

Those are facts.

Onto opinion, Dick is a big f***ing cry baby who was earning a King's ransom and we're best shot of him as he can't handle things not going well after 8 matches. We need someone made of sterner stuff because there's no such thing as a walk in the park at SAFC.

We know what's going on to an extent.

We know that Short has stumped up a shit load of cash. Not free of course but in which world is there such a thing as something for nothing?

We know that Congerton arrived only in 2014, so hardly consistent with the constant failure at SAFC.

Those are facts.

Onto opinion, Dick is a big f***ing cry baby who was earning a King's ransom and we're best shot of him as he can't handle things not going well after 8 matches. We need someone made of sterner stuff because there's no such thing as a walk in the park at SAFC.
I agree with so many points, even to an extent the bit about Dick, I do think we are better than where we are, and he has to take some responsibility for that.
But I'm still quite sad it didn't work. I was so chuffed when he agreed to come back. Even after all my years supporting us, I really didn't think it would turn out the way it has so quickly.

I agree with so many points, even to an extent the bit about Dick, I do think we are better than where we are, and he has to take some responsibility for that.
But I'm still quite sad it didn't work. I was so chuffed when he agreed to come back. Even after all my years supporting us, I really didn't think it would turn out the way it has so quickly.

Another in a long line of managers who can't turn it 'round so no surprise. Also had a gut feel that this isn't the job for Dick.

It will take someone very special and hungry to succeed to turn us into anything worth shouting about.

Hate to say it, but we probably need to go down, get rid of the shit and the troublemakers in our side, regroup and return with a good young manager on a long contract, with final say on transfers.

Aye, whatever. The quote is from Advocaat.....sorry to burst your bubble.

I know the quote. I was just staggered by your hilarious claim Borini was just signed to pretend we spent money. I'd love to see your working out - I fancy a laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back